The Witcher - Version 1.5 Announced

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition version 1.5 will soon be released by Project Red. The new version will include all bonus content from The Witcher: Enhanced Edition and five additional fan-made adventures. Most importantly, The Witcher: Enhanced Edition 1.5 is completely DRM-free! Moreover, the 1.5 version will remove the disc check, allowing you to play the game without the DVD in the drive.
All available versions of the game will be upgraded to 1.5, including the forthcoming The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut for North American gamers.
As usual the patch containing the additional content will be available to download for free for all registered The Witcher and The Witcher: Enhanced Edition owners!
Thanks ton_hur for letting us know.
More information.

Hell, if everybody's piling on...The Witcher: Enhanced Double Platinum, now with newly-discovered lost missions.

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut?

How long can they continue to milk this cow?

Maybe the 6 months are over and they need a new SKU because the old product will be sent back by the retailers.

Be happy that the game still sells. Every dollar can help CDP through the turbulences.

Most other games are the same way and most don't add anything with there new versions. Even when they do have additional content they don't give it away free like CD Projekt does.

If only I could buy and download it through Impulse here in Sweden... I hate the arbitrary trade zones. I would've bought this game long ago otherwise.

Are there any other changes than the added modules and removal of the DRM?

EDIT: seems like the previously released hotfix for EAX and Blur are the only fixes included.

So long as they don't charge for updates and it helps keep getting the word out ... I'm all good.

txa, amen to that.

That's cool they are still supporting it with patches.

I like it too.

I don't see any "milking of the cow" here:

- Whoever doesn't have the game gets a new chance to buy it...
- Who already has it gets the additional stuff for free (at least up to now)...
- Who wishes to support them by buying it twice, is of course free to do it...

So there is nothing wrong with it.

Aw, come on -- of *course* they're milking the cow. And may the cow yield many more bucketfuls for them, I say!

And based on a post in another thread, we know Finland must have lots of cows, since they lead the world in drinking milk!! :)

Enhanced Edition Director's Cut? What? Did I miss something?

I am just still sad they don't get to milk the console kiddies anymore ...

It can be even worse. Look at Ascaron. They are milking the console kiddies - and they implode before they can fill the milk into bottles.

Back
Top Bottom