KoA: Reckoning - Was the Opening Wrong?

@Rune, I know you deleted the message, so you probably don't want/need to respond, but given that I pre-ordered Reckoning, I think that shows I wasn't inherently biased against it.

I deleted the message because it would be taken the wrong way.

I liked the opening a lot. It was a good way to try out a lot of things and teach some basics on the game.

I find enough difference in the game styles to keep me entertained. Granted I still have a long ways to go though.

I dislike respecs in any game but thats just me ... for some reason I prefer to live with my mistakes. Just seems run to unlearn everything and all of sudden know a whole new set of skills. It really breaks immersion for me.

I don't like respec-ing my class/tiers but I like messing with the non-combat stuff. I wish you could just choose to respec those. I'll raise blacksmithing and gemcrafting up if I find a good piece of armor, but I lower them back down for the rest of the time. I generally go with high detect secret and high dispell, cause I suck at dispelling manually.

I really like KoA and agree that the balancing needs to be adjusted. Difficulty is a bit off - over-levelling is a common occurence if you're a completionist, combat difficulty spikes wildly (most enemies are pushovers) and both blacksmithing and sagecrafting are overpowered. I enountered these issues even though I played on Hard.

Thankfully (for me at least) the good points of the game outweigh the bad.

Oh, Curt Schilling popped up on the NeoGAF forums a couple of days ago and asked if a new increased difficulty level (eg. Nightmare) might help.

Apparently, lots of people DO like the difficulty they're currently on and changing that balance post-patch would cause confusion (and widespread mayhem :p)

Also he hinted at spears in the near future!

Guess ill wait for patches before buying this game.

Back
Top Bottom