NWN2 The lucky coin quest for Neeshka..

Neverwinter Nights 2

Maylander

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Well, I made the misstake of picking up the coin before I talked to her about it, so after she revealed her great plan to "steal his lucky coin" I get.. nothing. No more dialogue, no quest options, no rewards, nothing. I have the coin in my inventory, but I can't do anything with it other than use it as a common amulet.

Anyone have any idea on how to fix this quest? I'm well past this point in terms of progress by now, as I figured maybe I could get some more options for it later, but it seems the quest is broken.

Ouch!
I will keep a lookout during my forum adventures.
THe only thing I can think of atm, is doing a search on the Official Spoiler forum, there is a Ton of trafffic and info there, surely you can't be the only one with a bug.
http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/viewforum.html?forum=110
It has helped me get some good info. :)

I searched their forums - yep, the quest is bugged, you can't fix it if you trigger it in the wrong order.

I have the quest but haven't done it yet, maybe I should read about it.

Getting the quest was in a cutscene dialogue, so I guess once you pick up the coin that scene will not trigger. Wonder how hard those are going to be to undue?

The scene triggers - you get the quest, even after picking up the coin, you just can't complete it. So you get a new quest, already have the quest objective(the coin), and can't give it to Neeshka.

There is another bugged quest that won't complete - the battle between orcs and ogres in some ancient ruins. I'm not sure how to not get these quests in the journal - probably just kill everyone instead of picking up any quests.

Well it ended up working for me, at least I think.
Basicly I used Neeshka amap and to pick up the coin, then when you exit the building you get a cutscene of the guards realising its gone.
Then at least for me Wolf tells me he wants to meet, he threatens Neeshka then you have a choice of dialogue with a fight and then he smoke bombs out, quest complete.
I hear and read that proabably won't be the last time we hear from him. ;)

Well it ended up working for me, at least I think.
Basicly I used Neeshka amap and to pick up the coin, then when you exit the building you get a cutscene of the guards realising its gone.
Then at least for me Wolf tells me he wants to meet, he threatens Neeshka then you have a choice of dialogue with a fight and then he smoke bombs out, quest complete.
I hear and read that proabably won't be the last time we hear from him. ;)

Exactly what heppened to me ... my entry wasn't ... um ... quiet ...

If you get the quest before you get the coin, it's all good.

If you get the quest before you get the coin, it's all good.

Thanks for clarifying ... I don't know how many saves I made when I decided to embark on this quest because I was worried I might screw it up ...

Should you or Neeshka pick up the coin, or does it matter? I'm just at the point of opening the chest (I saved first) :)

Play it safe and have Neeska pick it up, the key will be when you exit the building if you get a cut scene, then you are good to go, afaik. :)

I'm on my second playthough right now and I've just completed the break in. I just don't understand how you can get into the house and steal the coin without getting the quest first because not only does the quest trigger the very first time you enter the Merchant's Quarter district (provided Neeshka is in your party) but you can't enter the house before talking to Ophala at the Moonstone Mask (which is what Neeshka suggests as the first step towards finding out where Leldon's hideout is located).

At any rate, I've noticed several situations where your success is registered before you leave the area. The lucky coin is one such situation and burning down the watch HQ in the docks district is another.

You can enter the merchant district without fighting anyone in the docks district by leaving near the inn instead of near the Watch. If you don't fight the first fight, the quest will not trigger as noone will attack you in the merchant district, but you can still get the location from Ophala.

Oops! I never thought of that.

Back
Top Bottom