Civilization VI *FULL* Comes to iPad!

How long does the battery last playing Civ?

I have not noticed a significant difference in battery life compared to other high-use activities (other games, music-making apps, videos). But I tend to charge my iPad at least every other day and haven't played Civ VI more than 2 hours in a sitting. I would *assume* it kills the battery faster than other stuff, but not by too much.

so $30 for tablet version or $12 for pc version ?

Sale is apparently continued - so it is still:
- $30 for Civ VI
- $12 for Civ VI and all current DLC on Humble Bundle - but that isn’t ‘real’ as it requires a subscription sign-up.
- $25 listed as ‘historical low’ price for basic game (no DLC).

Which is not so bad. Except that the iPad version doesn’t come with DLC - or the ability to add it ‘right now’ ... and also has no capability to add the expansion when that is released.

So while I continue to enjoy the iPad version of the game and feel I have gotten adequate value ... it is NOT a good deal, and NOT the best way to get the game unless you have an up-to-date iPad but not a decent gaming Mac/PC.

Sale is apparently continued - so it is still:
- $30 for Civ VI
- $12 for Civ VI and all current DLC on Humble Bundle - but that isn’t ‘real’ as it requires a subscription sign-up.
- $25 listed as ‘historical low’ price for basic game (no DLC).

Isn't the Humble subscription a monthly thing without cancellation fees? So you could subscribe, get the game and unsubscribe?

I can definitely see the appeal of playing Civ VI on a long train ride somewhere. My Ipad is getting older though and I suspect that I'd burn through the battery pretty quickly. So it's probably more something to consider for the future. I don't think there is any existing DLC I care about, but I'd probably like to get the expansion when it comes out. I'm guessing it will be available on IOS eventually, but not right away.

Isn't the Humble subscription a monthly thing without cancellation fees? So you could subscribe, get the game and unsubscribe?

Yep was about to post the same thing. You can suspend your subscription anytime so you can cherry pick the bundles you want.

Oh cool - thanks for that! I don’t game enough to warrant a subscription, so I had never really read the details.

Back
Top Bottom