What games are you playing now?

Ok, started playing Observation, since it just released on Steam/GOG, and it actually has a pretty unique premise. You play the role of a space station computer system and you work to help one of the astronauts on board to find out what happened with the rest of the crew and the station itself. Pretty unique, I must say. But gameplay has been pretty minimal. But I'm not really complaining. It's unique enough to be engaging.

Started to play the full version of Assassin's Creed - Odyssey with all DLC.

Followed by small doses of Rage 2.:)

Replaying Mass Effect: Andromeda and enjoying - hadn't played it since 2017. I just finished replaying Tyranny twice through as well and had fun with that again.

Replaying Mass Effect: Andromeda and enjoying - hadn't played it since 2017. I just finished replaying Tyranny twice through as well and had fun with that again.
Yep I quite enjoyed my replay as well a year later.

Enjoyed playing Tyranny as well might replay it again.

Just wish both games had more DLC or expansions.

Having now clawed my way through Trails from Zero, Trails to Azure and Trails of Cold Steel 3, I'm actually not playing anything. I need to decide whether to pull something off my backlog, pick up something new or just take a break for a little while and maybe get some reading done instead.

I enjoyed Tyranny a lot - a very interesting world to explore and decent characters. I've done two playthroughs (one with each of the main factions) and I'm definitely going back for a third at some point. I hope we see more of this IP.

Started playing "Broken Lines", a tactics RPG, with turnbased planning and realtime execution. Basically the game is paused every 8 seconds, which is a pretty easy and cool system.

Overall it leaves a very good first impression. Apparently it's also very short though, like 10-15 hours or so.

Their approach to difficulty is a bit wonky though.
As usual I play on hard. But what you are not properly told is that:
1. Restarting missions costs composure (which is known) but you have no idea about the impact. If you restart the missions too often, you might already have dug your grave. E.g. if you restarted the fist mission 10 times, you can continue playing, but it's probably impossible at that point to beat the game anymore on hard difficulty.
2. When a soldier loses all HP, he goes down and gets a wound. If he goes down again, he dies. On Hard difficulty wounds don't go away anymore

Ah, and of course you cannot manually save. So it's either living with wounds/dead soldiers (of which you have 8) or it's losing composure. Or...well...both if you suck.

Not entirely sure yet, but might be one of the hardest RPG/tactics games on "hard" difficulty I played so far.

Looks right up my (jagged) alley.

Thank you for sharing.

I'm playing Wayward. This is a survival/rpg hybrid. Looks a bit like Eschalon, Exiled Kingdoms, Antharion and that ilk.

I hope we see more of this IP.
Me to but Paradox owns the IP and Obsidian has joined Microsoft now.:(

It didn't sell as well as Paradox wanted either according to interviews.

Me to but Paradox owns the IP and Obsidian has joined Microsoft now.:(

It didn't sell as well as Paradox wanted either according to interviews.

Ah right. Not likely then. :(

I'm currently playing the Tyrants of the Moonsea mod for Neverwinter Nights EE. I'm only about an hour in - just explored the opening town, killed some demons, fighting some underground undead. Seems like a solid mod so far, I'm enjoying it. I'm playing with a two-handed sword weapon master that I'm carrying over from Darkness over Daggerford.

Aye I was sad that Tyranny didn't do as well as hoped @Couchpotato; and @Pongo; as I really enjoyed it.

I was hoping their would be an expansion where you could A) Become the new Overlord or B) Take down the Overlord.

Aye I was sad that Tyranny didn't do as well as hoped @Couchpotato and @Pongo as I really enjoyed it.

I was hoping their would be an expansion where you could A) Become the new Overlord or B) Take down the Overlord.
That probably was the plan to make a sequel but something happened behind the scenes between both studios. Avelloneshed some light on that, but it was on the Codex.

I liked Tyranny for ~6-8 hours as the fairly interesting setting was being introduced, but it was steadily diminishing returns for me after that. The quests were repetitive, the exposition was rampant, and it turned out that the world building was over and I was just going to hear the same stuff repeated for the rest of the game. Some of the worst dialogue ever to grace an Obsidian game, too.

I've been playing Wasteland 2 some lately. I played it at release in 2014, liked it, but never quite finished it. I've not played the Director's Cut before. The perks are a nice addition, and I suppose the precise targeting is too though my Rangers aren't good enough yet to take those penalties, but the voice acting...wow, the voice acting is bad. Some of the worst I've ever heard. Nobody has been what I'd call good. A lot of voices don't match the characters at all. Some of the line deliveries are terrible ("Oh, mom" says the worried son in a way that sounds more like mom did a dumb thing again), and one guy mispronounced ugh, of all things. I did something I've never done before: I muted the voices.

I've been playing Wasteland 2 some lately. I played it at release in 2014, liked it, but never quite finished it. I've not played the Director's Cut before. The perks are a nice addition, and I suppose the precise targeting is too though my Rangers aren't good enough yet to take those penalties, but the voice acting...wow, the voice acting is bad. Some of the worst I've ever heard. Nobody has been what I'd call good. A lot of voices don't match the characters at all. Some of the line deliveries are terrible ("Oh, mom" says the worried son in a way that sounds more like mom did a dumb thing again), and one guy mispronounced ugh, of all things. I did something I've never done before: I muted the voices.
My. Problem with the game was that although on paper it has everything I tend to enjoy such as Tb combat, lots of options for char creation and development, choices and consequences for quests, etc. It just didn't feel fun. I can't put my finger on any one element. Maybe this was one of them for me. I think combat felt very lacklustre too.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Still playing the Tyrants of the Moonsea NWN mod. It started really well - the Hillsfar section was particularly well done with some interesting twists that I wasn't expecting. The further I go, though, the more linear it feels sadly; and some of the latest areas are starting to feel a bit rushed. I'm still enjoying it overall and l'll finish it to see what happens.

Still playing the Tyrants of the Moonsea NWN mod. It started really well - the Hillsfar section was particularly well done with some interesting twists that I wasn't expecting. The further I go, though, the more linear it feels sadly; and some of the latest areas are starting to feel a bit rushed. I'm still enjoying it overall and l'll finish it to see what happens.
Yeah that's how I still feel playing that mod. It was supposed to be better for the Enhanced version. As the original was rushed & barely finished due to lack of funds.

It was supposed to be a premium NWN mod but that program was cancelled.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom