Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning - What has changed? - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning - What has changed?

Default Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning - What has changed?

September 12th, 2020, 20:15
Click4Gameplay compares Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning with the original version:

Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning | What Has Changed?

loading…

More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)

September 12th, 2020, 22:38
Well the reviews were confusing as each one has a different opinion. So thanks for sharing this. I just have to find time to play the game. First-world problems.
--
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)

September 13th, 2020, 05:39
What I remember so much about this game was all the sheer awesome talent that was attached to it, and the product was below average. I'd have to read a pretty spectacular review to compel me to give it another chance.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
+1:

September 13th, 2020, 07:04
The review make me want to replay the original game, not buy the new one.

RikusTyr

Watcher

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

September 13th, 2020, 08:10
20e for removing the zones level trololol
--
Favorite Game: Gothic II
My steam profile

porcozaur

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

September 13th, 2020, 13:26
Good Story, good Lore, interesting combat…but boring game. Of most of all RPG iīve finished it was the most boring one. Almost all quests were generic, charcter over powered, you didnīt need to think or explore everithing has a pointer in the map. All in all not a very enjoyable experience, donīt ask me why did i finished the game, i canīt answer that

boobaloo

Traveler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

September 13th, 2020, 14:29
I got 50% off the game for owning the original, so I'm going to give it a whirl.

FurtiveNyctophile

Watchdog

September 13th, 2020, 21:58
So far so… erm… wow. Generic. I can't really think of anything else to say so far. I'm going to keep pushing forward but initial impressions aren't fantastic. Greedfall did everything this game seems to be trying to do, but better with a more coherent story.

FurtiveNyctophile

Watchdog

September 13th, 2020, 22:00
Originally Posted by boobaloo View Post
Good Story, good Lore, interesting combat…but boring game. Of most of all RPG iīve finished it was the most boring one. Almost all quests were generic, charcter over powered, you didnīt need to think or explore everithing has a pointer in the map. All in all not a very enjoyable experience, donīt ask me why did i finished the game, i canīt answer that
Honest question - how can you say the game had a good story/lore, but was boring? I'm just curious what you liked about the story/lore? It seems *so* generic and bland to me, does it get more interesting later on in the game?

What was boring about the game in general if the story and lore were good? To me, if the story and lore in a game are good I'm willing to forgive a lot of other things.

FurtiveNyctophile

Watchdog

September 14th, 2020, 00:32
Originally Posted by FurtiveNyctophile View Post
Honest question - how can you say the game had a good story/lore, but was boring? I'm just curious what you liked about the story/lore? It seems *so* generic and bland to me, does it get more interesting later on in the game?

What was boring about the game in general if the story and lore were good? To me, if the story and lore in a game are good I'm willing to forgive a lot of other things.
I thought the lore was good. Except its scattered across so many places. The story has been MMOised so the presentation of lore through story sucked. I feel like someone could have done a way better job with the lore if they didnt have to jam it into an MMO.
--
How about all games have a single huge lootbox you pay for up front that contains all the options, items, skins, unlocks etc? I'd pay for that!!

Wisdom

Torch & Pitchfork Vendor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
+1:

September 14th, 2020, 22:03
Full disclosure, as I play it more I'm enjoying it a bit more. It's still pretty generic, while at the same time seeming like a solid, well made game.

FurtiveNyctophile

Watchdog

September 17th, 2020, 19:15
My bad, i wanted to say the lore was well thought and the settings were interesting. The game became boring. I remeber that it seemed that I was doing allways the same thing in diferent places, the combat is fun in the begining and very quickly became "God vs ants". I remeber thinking the quests were all the same, fetch this, do that and you only needed to get the to the marker on the map. All in all not too enjoyable.

boobaloo

Traveler

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning - What has changed?