Underworld Ascendant - Physical Kickstarter Rewards - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Underworld Ascendant - Physical Kickstarter Rewards

Default Underworld Ascendant - Physical Kickstarter Rewards

October 2nd, 2020, 20:52
Shamroxor spotted some news about the Underworld Ascendant Kickstarter physical rewards:

Updated Shipping Info!

Hey UA Backers,

We have some great news on shipping! FanGamer has informed us that they have successfully been able to copy the master disc, and estimate beginning shipping on October 26. They have also sent out an email yesterday (Oct. 1) to backers so they can verify and update addresses if need be. If you do not see that email please contact them at orders@fangamer.com for assistance.

IMPORTANT: FanGamer will send out orders that have been verified and/or changed ASAP. If you do not verify your address, then your order will go out last to the address that FanGamer has on file. Nov. 9 is the last day that you will be able to update your address.

OtherSide Entertainment
2. Oktober 2020
More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
+1:

October 2nd, 2020, 21:03
Hmm hasn't this game been out for a while? If so they are way behind schedule.
--
"My news thread updated weekly for anyone interested in more news." - Couchpotato

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)

October 2nd, 2020, 21:22
So sad Otherside wasnt able to pull it off and build on legacy of Looking Glass. Well, suppose the world has moved on too much …

Andrew23

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
+1:

October 2nd, 2020, 21:26
One thing about games is the Physical Rewards are problematic. It takes a lot of work and planning that you come to appreciate the work publishers do behind the scenes.

Basically logistics, timing, and planning is needed.
--
"My news thread updated weekly for anyone interested in more news." - Couchpotato

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
+1:

October 2nd, 2020, 21:38
Had a good laugh when I saw the email this morning. What a train wreck this whole thing has been.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)

October 2nd, 2020, 23:41
After 5.5 years, I'll soon be able to gaze upon my $200 boxed collector's edition
which has earned its rightful place in the Hall of Heroes Zeros at the bottom of a deep, dark, damp cave somewhere… **flush**

Vindicator

Primordial Dragon

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

October 3rd, 2020, 00:03
The game wasn't a total disaster; it did have some redeeming features and if you give me a year or so to consider it, I might be able to tell you what they were!!
--
If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)

October 3rd, 2020, 01:13
Funny, I was looking at this game in my steam library, and thinking if this was already playable and at least enjoyable, and came to RPGwatch to post that question. And voila, i see this. It seems that everithing that could go wrong,did go wrong. Are they still working on this game or the updates are dead, and the game is not worth any of my time?

boobaloo

Traveler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

October 3rd, 2020, 01:30
Originally Posted by boobaloo View Post
Funny, I was looking at this game in my steam library, and thinking if this was already playable and at least enjoyable, and came to RPGwatch to post that question. And voila, i see this. It seems that everithing that could go wrong,did go wrong. Are they still working on this game or the updates are dead, and the game is not worth any of my time?
I've had this game sitting in my steam library since launch. I haven't felt tempted to even try it out.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)

October 3rd, 2020, 01:54
Most disappointing Kickstarter I backed. To go from a genre defining game like Underworld to this.. To be honest I wasn't expecting the rewards to be fulfilled so good on them for that.

shamroxor

Watcher

+1:

October 3rd, 2020, 02:58
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Had a good laugh when I saw the email this morning. What a train wreck this whole thing has been.
Well, at least they're following through with their kickstarter obligations. I never recieved my physical items for SotA, another train wreck of epic crowdfunding disasters.
--
If I'm right but there is no wife around to acknowledge it, am I still right?

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

October 3rd, 2020, 06:03
A shame. Still not worth a play? Not a big fan of Bards Tale 4 but playing the DC now and it's not bad (even though not really a bard's tale game) but this game I have heard nothing good for years.

Saxon1974

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

October 3rd, 2020, 11:16
I played it for 3 hours a couple of months ago (after all the patches were done), it was not absolutely terrible but it was still pretty 'meh'. A middling to just below-average game that had a somewhat interesting magic system (experiment with rune combinations to get effects) but otherwise just felt tedious to play. Some people who really like reactivity in their games might be able to wring enough enjoyment out of it to justify playing it.

Avantre

Sentinel
RPGWatch Donor

October 3rd, 2020, 14:42
How Lord British has fallen.
--
SSI Gold Box-style game, we are working on.

mercy

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

October 3rd, 2020, 17:12
Lord British!?
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)

October 4th, 2020, 02:34
I was surprised that I somewhat enjoyed this game. I played it for 13 hours and there wasn't anything particularly wrong with it, but I got tired of it and didn't continue playing.

NFLed

Keeper of the Watch

October 4th, 2020, 17:49
I've still yet to play this, I suppose I'll get around to it at some point. One thing I took from the email, which I read thoroughly even though I'd not ordered any physical rewards is to NEVER go that route for a game, lol. Keeping the rewards digital is the lesson I took from all that.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

October 5th, 2020, 00:29
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
I've still yet to play this, I suppose I'll get around to it at some point. One thing I took from the email, which I read thoroughly even though I'd not ordered any physical rewards is to NEVER go that route for a game, lol. Keeping the rewards digital is the lesson I took from all that.
Depends on the campaign, I guess. Wasteland 3 (admittedly probably aided by Microsoft money), for example, was a pretty nice Collectors Edition that arrived to me via express mail before the game was even released onto Steam/GOG.

Avantre

Sentinel
RPGWatch Donor

October 6th, 2020, 00:20
I got my email from Fangamer for my collectors edition as well but alas, my desire to even try and play this now is extraordinarily minimal. The whole affair has been hugely depressing for me and it's going to take a whole lot before I trust a modern developer to remake or rejuvenate a classic franchise ever again.
--
Diddledy high,
Diddledy low,
Come brave blood sheep,
You've a goodly way to go.
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj

Pessimeister

Living Backwards
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

October 6th, 2020, 10:10
Why are they still trying to sell it for 30€?
--
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
- George Bernard Shaw

Currently playing: Assassin's Creed: Valhalla

Morrandir

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Underworld Ascendant - Physical Kickstarter Rewards