Darkest Dungeon 2 - Launch as Epic Games Store Early Access Title in 2021 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Darkest Dungeon 2 - Launch as Epic Games Store Early Access Title in 2021

Default Darkest Dungeon 2 - Launch as Epic Games Store Early Access Title in 2021

October 21st, 2020, 19:07
Yemeth spotted that Darkest Dungeon 2 will be released as Epic Games Store Early Access game in 2021:

Darkest Dungeon 2 Teaser: "A Glimmer of Hope"

loading…

More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
+1:

October 21st, 2020, 19:20
I liked aspects of the first game but ultimately the rng and grind killed it for me. I'm playing iratus now, which is heavily influenced by this, and enjoying that a bit more. It is a bit more forgiving in its design.

Anyway, I didn't even know DD2 was in the works… curious whether they'll make it a bit easier to play for people who aren't too l33t.

SSIGuy

An Islander Returned

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

October 21st, 2020, 19:28
2022/3 can't come fast enough.

Fuck EGS

fatknacker50

Sentinel

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

October 21st, 2020, 20:35
This thread should be interesting.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)

October 21st, 2020, 20:36
Even though I'm sad it's gonna be exclusive for a year, probably, I'm still happy for indie devs to get more financial support.

I hope they're still using Wayne June for the voice-over. His voice is too iconic to not be in DD2.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

October 21st, 2020, 20:37
Originally Posted by fatknacker50 View Post
2022/3 can't come fast enough.

Fuck EGS
What?! Who doesn't like Eggs.. I mean omelettes, maybe some bacon with it… oh, wait, right.

SSIGuy

An Islander Returned

October 21st, 2020, 20:41
Doesn't bother me that much anymore. At least they had the courtesy to announce the deal before it's release. Look forward to playing the complete Steam version.
--
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)

October 21st, 2020, 21:47
If it still has throw-away chars I will likely pass this time.

Darkheart

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

October 22nd, 2020, 00:37
Definitely looking forward to this one. The original had plenty of things wrong with it, but I loved it all the same. Extremely curious to see what they do for an encore. Probably won't EA it though, especially on Epic.

fadedc

SasqWatch

+1:

October 22nd, 2020, 02:40
Yes, Wayne June is on board for DD2

Gunderson105

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

October 22nd, 2020, 09:37
Originally Posted by SSIGuy View Post
I liked aspects of the first game but ultimately the rng and grind killed it for me. I'm playing iratus now, which is heavily influenced by this, and enjoying that a bit more. It is a bit more forgiving in its design.

Anyway, I didn't even know DD2 was in the works… curious whether they'll make it a bit easier to play for people who aren't too l33t.
To me the start was really fun, but it was the grind and the lack of story that made me quit. I had a lot of max lvl characters with good gear, but just couldn't muster the interest to do the last dungeon.

Maybe I should go back to that save and just try the last dungeon, but I just don't feel like it will be fun.

I could've tolerated the grind if it had been more interesting to see where the story was going, but it didn't catch my fancy.

SveNitoR

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

October 22nd, 2020, 10:29
Originally Posted by SveNitoR View Post
To me the start was really fun, but it was the grind and the lack of story that made me quit. I had a lot of max lvl characters with good gear, but just couldn't muster the interest to do the last dungeon.

Maybe I should go back to that save and just try the last dungeon, but I just don't feel like it will be fun.

I could've tolerated the grind if it had been more interesting to see where the story was going, but it didn't catch my fancy.
I was almost in the same boat. I did however try the final dungeon one time. I failed and had to run out. I turns out the characters you bring to the final dungeon can never enter it again. When I realized this, I couldn't find motive anymore to continue.

There might be an option to change this now though.

Thiraury

Watchdog

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

October 22nd, 2020, 18:03
Originally Posted by Thiraury View Post
I was almost in the same boat. I did however try the final dungeon one time. I failed and had to run out. I turns out the characters you bring to the final dungeon can never enter it again. When I realized this, I couldn't find motive anymore to continue.

There might be an option to change this now though.
Hmm. That's not very fun. That means lots of attempts to learn the monsters and lots of characters who need to be abandoned to get room for the ones who can attempt it again.

SveNitoR

Keeper of the Watch

October 22nd, 2020, 18:19
The whole grim and stressful aspect never really appealed to me. I could do without my team having nervous breakdowns and heart attacks all over the place.
--
"An era can be considered over when its basic illusions have been exhausted." Arthur Miller

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)

October 22nd, 2020, 19:41
Thank God! DD1 was a boring trash.
--
SSI Gold Box-style game, we are working on.

mercy

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

October 22nd, 2020, 19:52
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
The whole grim and stressful aspect never really appealed to me. I could do without my team having nervous breakdowns and heart attacks all over the place.
The stress mechanic is mostly impactful in the early game. After a while it is quite easily manageable with having bright light and at least one character who can reduce stress, as well as having all characters have a stress reduction skill when resting. And focus on attacking the stress causing enemies first.

SveNitoR

Keeper of the Watch

October 22nd, 2020, 19:59
Originally Posted by mercy View Post
Thank God! DD1 was a boring trash.
I disagree. Early and mid game was fun. Late game got too grindy for my taste, so then I quit.

SveNitoR

Keeper of the Watch

October 22nd, 2020, 20:28
I enjoyed this until the "throwaway" hero idea came in pretty strong. Then there was the whole "blood curse" expac which essentially forced you to throw characters out.
--
How about all games have a single huge lootbox you pay for up front that contains all the options, items, skins, unlocks etc? I'd pay for that!!

Wisdom

Torch & Pitchfork Vendor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)

October 23rd, 2020, 15:20
Originally Posted by Wisdom View Post
I enjoyed this until the "throwaway" hero idea came in pretty strong. Then there was the whole "blood curse" expac which essentially forced you to throw characters out.
I didn't really have that much trouble with the blood curse in the expansion pack. If a beginning hero got hit with it I'd usually kick him out, but I never had to throw out an experienced character. It did add an extra level of tension and stress to the player though, and while I often like that, I'm not really sure this game needed it.

fadedc

SasqWatch

October 23rd, 2020, 16:29
Originally Posted by Wisdom View Post
Same. I really liked the art style and atmosphere, but I couldn't get past having to constantly replace party members. I'd love to see a similar game with less roguelike mechanics.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Darkest Dungeon 2 - Launch as Epic Games Store Early Access Title in 2021