Kingmaker Pathfinder Kingmaker release thread

Pathfinder: Kingmaker
What? Halo? Half my party is Aasimar, because they give +4 stats instead of +2, and I don't have either that or wings, despite having the wings feat. In fact, the statue in my capitol (of me) has massive wings, but all my Aasimar characters simply look like humans with glowy eyes.

What? Halo? Half my party is Aasimar, because they give +4 stats instead of +2, and I don't have either that or wings, despite having the wings feat. In fact, the statue in my capitol (of me) has massive wings, but all my Aasimar characters simply look like humans with glowy eyes.

I think the change comes with patch 1.1 (which I'm testing right now) :p

The halo worked from the start.

Fun fact: You have to switch the halo on. It's a skill. :)

BTW, those of you testing patch 1.1 beta, you can just move those saves back to the main game once 1.1 is officially released.

Owlcats have good humour lol (k0starsis is the Owlcats community manager):

Can we use saves in beta once 1.1 is released? As in, copy saves made while playing beta and paste them in main game folder??

Yes, they will be playable in 1.1 after release as well! So venture boldly. Live dangerously. Or, well, do whatever it is purple blobs do. Go and do it in beta, knowing full well your deeds shall be remembered and recorded for posterity.

That is the sad truth. Unfortunately, supporting betas in both GoG and Steam would stretch our Q&A thin and waste invaluable bug-fixing goblin-hours.
(you didn't think Q&A were mere humans, did you?)

Okay, my game has arrived now. But where is the key ?
Edit : I kind of found it.

Plus, I made an experiment : Since the game comes with 3 discs, I thought it would be possible to install all of that without Steam's "Insta-Patch".

nope. Steam says it isn't able to install games while being offline.

What are those 3 game discs for, then ?

Does that mean that GOG = download only ?

Alrik, even with discs these days I don't think you can avoid the online downloads, sadly. It's a catch twenty-two, in that it is excellent for patches, but not so good when you initially get the game. No system will likely ever be perfect for each and every consumer.

Well to me, this means : "Don't vote for GOG keys if you want to have a physical version."
And the other way round as well :
"Steam is mandatory gfor physical versions of games : Physical versions without Steam do not exist anymore !"

Well to me, this means : "Don't vote for GOG keys if you want to have a physical version."
And the other way round as well :
"Steam is mandatory gfor physical versions of games : Physical versions without Steam do not exist anymore !"
Have to agree with Carnifex.

Most games are bought and downloaded nowadays, but I agree with you about the boxed version of Steam games. As the Disc's are usually missing data & not complete.

You have to download the day one patch and other data to finalize install. Nowadays most steam boxed games just have a paper flyer with your download key in the box.

You have to admit that would be pretty funny.....to buy a big box for a game, open it and find no cd's but a slip of paper with your code on it. Just imagining such a thing is making me chuckle!

You have to admit that would be pretty funny…..to buy a big box for a game, open it and find no cd's but a slip of paper with your code on it. Just imagining such a thing is making me chuckle!
Actually happened to me once at a local Gamestop.

The box was even opened.:lol:

What irritates me is employees take out all the disks for console games also.

You pick up the box take it to the clerk, he rings you up and opens the cabinet withdraws a paper sleeved DVD then puts it in your case. How is that even considered brand new?

Have to agree with Carnifex.

Most games are bought and downloaded nowadays, but I agree with you about the boxed version of Steam games. As the Disc's are usually missing data & not complete.

You have to download the day one patch and other data to finalize install. Nowadays most steam boxed games just have a paper flyer with your download key in the box.

Yes, but to me this leads rather to the baheviour of "well, I'll wait a few weeks, then", since I just don't have the "unlimited download powah" of … well, it's mostly townspeople.
Yes, I could have more "powah", but I just don't want it. I'm not using the internet *that* much that I'd need it.

The consequewnce of that is, that more and more people with lower connections get alienated - and end up buying consoles instead, aka, as a friend told me, "just pu the disc in and play. No installations, no hassle".

This further cuts the PC gaming diversity down, apart from those mini-"casual" games. The PC platform becomes over the years more and more restricted to a ... degenerated quasi-console-like platform, which is only interesting for a hardcore gamer audience with "unlimited powah".
Everyone else goes to consoles.

Packaging doesn't reflect the amount of artistic input since ... at least a decade now, perhaps even more.

I mean, DVD boxes as games packaging were wanted by retail in the first place, so that they could put more into their shelves at any given time.

It was clear from the beginning to me that this kind of packaging signalled "mass product !" to the potential buyers, and that was the beginning of the downfall of recolgnition as artists, and also in general of the people who put so much Energy into creating games.

Later, or even before, I don't know, games were transformed into milking tools - or, in other words, into profit-generating tools.

Any business that relies on art, even if only to a part, becomes artless and faceless if driven by the will for profits.

Imho, Art and Profit don't mate well, in general.
Well, and Sotheby's is only an exploitation tool, imho, too.

Btw, new DLC announced, will be released on 6 December!!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/900447/Pathfinder_Kingmaker__The_Wildcards/

Tielfling Kineticist added as a companion - so a new playable race and class.

She is available in chapter 2, will be a new advisor and also potential romance option. No need to start a new game, as long as you haven't finished chap 5 yet.

I'm excited!!! :D

Me too!! Can't wait. :) I will stop my playthrough before finishing chapter 5 if I have to, lol. She sounds awesome!

Btw, new DLC announced, will be released on 6 December!!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/900447/Pathfinder_Kingmaker__The_Wildcards/

Tielfling Kineticist added as a companion - so a new playable race and class.

She is available in chapter 2, will be a new advisor and also potential romance option. No need to start a new game, as long as you haven't finished chap 5 yet.

I'm excited!!! :D

So I have to wait 15 more days. *sigh*
Wait, are those actual horns? Romance with a horned creature = game ban in India. Or just that DLC…

More information on upcoming DLCs:

https://steamcommunity.com/games/Pathfinder_Kingmaker/announcements/detail/3397298957556853383

DLC #1 - “The Wildcards”
Ardent adventurers of The Stolen Lands will soon have the chance to play the first new DLC! Featuring a new playable race Tieflings, a new playable class Kineticists, and of course combining a race with a class, you get a character! Prepare to welcome your new companion, the Tiefling Kineticist who comes, just like every other companion, with her own rich and engaging storyline. Oleg Shpilchevsky, Head of Owlcat Games explains, “A new playable race. During the poll to decide which bonus race we were going to add to the game, one particular option was requested a lot (besides the winner - Aasimars): Tieflings, the people with a drop of demonic blood in their veins. They didn't make it into the base game but became the natural choice for the first piece of post-release content.”

The Season Pass and the first DLC “The Wildcards” is due to be released on December 6th, 2018 here on Steam.

DLC #2 - “Varnhold's Lot”
A new bonus campaign. While celebrating your victory at Jamandi Aldori's mansion, you've met another hero of the Stolen Lands: the mercenary captain Maegar Varn. While you're building your barony in the Shrike Hills and Narlmarshes, Varn and his people are establishing their own nation of Varnhold in the rocky foothills of Dunsward. What did they have to face? Play this new story and export the consequences of the choices you've made there into the main campaign! This exciting new side story is about the size of one chapter of our main campaign and will take 6-12 hours to complete, depending on your playstyle.

DLC #3 – “Beneath The Stolen Lands”
A new game mode. Sometimes you want to play a story with memorable characters, rich lore, and a complicated set of choices and consequences. But then there are days when you just want to grab a sword, cast some spells, and destroy a horde of monsters! This DLC will introduce a rogue-like randomly generated endless dungeon, complete with a new unique boss. You can explore it in a separate game, or as a part of your main campaign. How deep can you go?

Back
Top Bottom