What games are you playing now? - Page 604 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?

Default What games are you playing now?

June 8th, 2019, 15:26
I thought I'd completed Dragon Quest eleven two days ago, but after the credits another whole game seemed to open up, so now I'm exploring all over again. For some reason all of my squad save for the hero regressed in levels and skills, made for quite the tough fights with a few nameds, but I managed to get through them. One thing is for sure, I certainly got my moneys' worth with this one!!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
+1:

June 8th, 2019, 19:23
I'm taking a break from any serious gaming right now and playing Steamworld Dig 2. Like the first game, it's a 2D metroidvania that focuses on exploring a large underground world by slowly digging your way through it while uncovering secret areas and mining for loot.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)

June 8th, 2019, 22:03
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
Harem Heroes started relatively okay but instead of improving content soon turned into yet another avoidware falsely advertised as adult RPG trying to milk you dry.
HH is the only adult game I've played consistently. New content weekly and I have never spent any real money. Gameplay is basic but varied, at least there is no clicker or exponential timer bs.
--
If you have no other choice but to kill, you have failed.
Ntwa kgolo ke ya molomo

Philistine

Sentinel
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

June 10th, 2019, 14:29
Man, you suck. It's online pachinko under the hood and thus I'd ban anyone not spending some serious $ on it.

Besides, some "dolls" drop only from pachinko.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 128 Post(s)

June 10th, 2019, 16:13
I'm still exploring the after-game elements in Dragon Quest eleven, currently I'm on a mission to defeat two giant metal monsters in some dungeon, and I have to use a particular pep power to kill each of them. I'm not sure what the reward will be, but the challenge is accepted!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

June 10th, 2019, 16:51
Restarting POE again, i have 160+ hours in the game but have never made it through defiance bay. Crossing my fingers i can stick with it this time.

sakichop

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

June 10th, 2019, 17:56
The latest MGL (Mame Gaming League) has come to an end; here's what we competed on in this tournament:

Space Zap
Elevator Action
Time Pilot
Jungler
New Rally-X
Q-Bert (Was great to play this classic!)
Arabian
Pac Land (Definitely not my favourite of the Pac games; but full of secrets nonetheless)
Sky Kid (A Namco horizontal scrolling sh'mup from 1985 which I really got into!)

With term 2 break just around the corner, I'm looking to get back into Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire with all of the DLC installed and finally try out the Path of the Damned difficulty. There's a few npcs I didn't try out first time around and so the party building and general experimenting should be fun. Hopefully the game is better than my first Veteran run through.
--
Diddledy high,
Diddledy low,
Come brave blood sheep,
You've a goodly way to go.
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
Last edited by Pessimeister; June 16th, 2019 at 15:05. Reason: typos

Pessimeister

Living Backwards
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
+1:

June 11th, 2019, 23:54
Somehow I started a playthrough of Arcanum of Steamworks and Magick Obscura. This is an rpg that's been on my backlog for ages. And I've started it about 2-3 times, but never got very far.

So, I'm not sure what got into me but this time it seems to have really stuck. I'm 15+ hours into it and just reached The Isle of Despair, something I've never reached before. Not sure how far this is into the game.

But I'm having loads of fun with it. It has aged pretty well imo. But some of the mechanics are brutal. I've already lost my main weapon because I kept hitting stone golems with it, and thought that even if it breaks, I'll just repair it back in town. Big mistake. If it reaches 0 durability, it's broken forever. Smiths can't seem to repair it anymore. Also, I noticed that all items looks a bit of their durability with each repair. Damn, that's hardcore. I'll probably be changing items quite frequently, but it's still an extra stress in there.

Anyways, as I said, having fun playing. The story is nothing to write home about, but I love the steampunk world. So cool. And I love the open ended design. It's very similar to Fallout. No surprise, since it's from the exact two guys that lead efforts on Fallout.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
+1:

June 13th, 2019, 15:43
A couple of days ago I finished Dragon Quest eleven, and meant to start something new but saw Valkyria Chronicles and realized that I'd only ever played the game once, over four years ago, so that got fired up for a replay!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

June 14th, 2019, 17:05
I recently picked up a Nintendo Switch (sale, expiring store credits and residual gift cards combined to make it nearly ‘free’) … and of course, as a PC gamer what I have loaded up (also thanks to some great sales):
- Skyrim
- Wolfenstein II: New Collossus
- Doom (2016)
- Civilization VI
- Diablo III Eternal
- Also grabbed Final Fantasy VII and have a couple of pre-release things I am reviewing.

So far it is pretty good - the text on Wolfenstein in particular is *tiny*, but the gameplay is solid and graphics look pretty great as well. I am only playing it as a handheld, will probably hook to the TV at some point.

Fun stuff
--
-- Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

June 14th, 2019, 20:38
Has anyone played Box Boy! + Box Girl! that would care to give me their impressions? Planning to buy it for the Switch, but wanted to hear people's opinions first, if anyone has played it.

Enviado do meu SM-N960F através do Tapatalk

YoungGrumpyMan

Traveler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

June 14th, 2019, 21:22
As a former Switch owner, it's a solid machine, you're in for years of entertainment! I was particularly fond of the Zelda game, as well as the Disgaea ones. One day I really might acquire another Switch.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

June 16th, 2019, 04:42
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
As a former Switch owner, it's a solid machine, you're in for years of entertainment! I was particularly fond of the Zelda game, as well as the Disgaea ones. One day I really might acquire another Switch.
I definitely like the Disgaea games, but still have PS Vita to play those. The Zelda game I will absolutely buy when I find a decent price (or play through the rest of those games!)
--
-- Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

June 16th, 2019, 16:03
American truck simulator, enjoying the new Washington state dlc
--
Favorite Game: Gothic II
My steam profile

porcozaur

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

June 16th, 2019, 19:52
Bards Tale Classic - Man…that was some really bad gameplay back then. Combats are extremely hands off, and the character level ups with their random rolls are straight from hell. It still has some appeal. But it feels like this appeal is more like a dull XP or item grind you know from loot-shooters or browsergames.

Depth of Extinction - Really cool tactics game. Unfortunately at that point, even half a year after release, still extremely buggy and feels like a beta. The developer is extremely fast in fixing any reported bugs. But they shouldn't have been in still in the frist place.
--
Doing >Let's Plays< and >Reviews< in German. Latest Review: Pathway
Mostly playing Indie titles, including Strategy, Tactics and Roleplaying-Games.
And here is a list of all games I ever played.

Kordanor

Wastelander

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)

June 16th, 2019, 21:42
Gives you greater appreciation of the new game ?

Originally Posted by Kordanor View Post
Bards Tale Classic - Man…that was some really bad gameplay back then. Combats are extremely hands off, and the character level ups with their random rolls are straight from hell. It still has some appeal. But it feels like this appeal is more like a dull XP or item grind you know from loot-shooters or browsergames.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)

June 16th, 2019, 21:46
Originally Posted by you View Post
Gives you greater appreciation of the new game ?
Just because the old game isn't really great, doesn't make the new game better.
Though I was fine with BT4 in the first place. I liked the puzzles. Just the balancing was pretty terrible.

One thing I do like though is that you clearly see where the design of the Underground Skara Brae of BT4 is coming from. That's really a 1 to 1 copy. Not rocket science but pretty cool.
--

Kordanor

Wastelander

June 17th, 2019, 00:39
I was thinking in more general terms and not just BT4 but can't think of any clear cut examples at the moment - maybe wasteland 2 ?

Just because the old game isn't really great, doesn't make the new game better.
Though I was fine with BT4 in the first place. I liked the puzzles. Just the balancing was pretty terrible.

One thing I do like though is that you clearly see where the design of the Underground Skara Brae of BT4 is coming from. That's really a 1 to 1 copy. Not rocket science but pretty cool.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

June 17th, 2019, 00:52
Originally Posted by you View Post
I was thinking in more general terms and not just BT4 but can't think of any clear cut examples at the moment - maybe wasteland 2 ?
tbh I am not quite sure what your question is aiming for.
--

Kordanor

Wastelander

June 17th, 2019, 11:32
Its a question if old games were really that good or if they were just good because they were a new experience. When I say old I mean back in the mid 90's or earlier. I personally think some of the games in the early 2000 were really good they just lack graphic fidelity but most of the really early games that I remember were very simplistic by any standards including both technical and conceptual.

tbh I am not quite sure what your question is aiming for.
Last edited by you; June 17th, 2019 at 11:53.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?