Gothic 3 One-hit kills

Krzychu

Sentinel
I am experiencing something strange, that smells like a bug (Not a meatbug, though).

On occasion, when I'm in a fight, I can kill a foe with a single hit. This happens mostly when I'm fighting orcs, although I experienced this once with humans too. At first I thought that some enemies are just that weak, for exmaple an Orc Scout, but then I noticed that it happens even with Elites, so that's not the case. It can be any orc or human, NPC or just Enemy#27, no matter how tough, and I just can't work out what triggers this - it just suddenly happens, and stops after some time. Is this a bug? - 'cause it really looks like one.

This sometimes leads to absurd situations. Example: I saw a pair of Ice Wolves slaughter a whole camp of Orcs in Normdar! I stood there intrigued, and they just killed every Orc with one bite. In two or three minutes the two wolves cleared out the camp, and the surviving Orcs ran for their lives. Naturally, it triggered the completion of some "Destroy Orc Camp" quest which I didn't even take.
Angry Ice Wolves liberating Nordmar! Huzzah! :lol:

Back to the main topic, could anyone tell me if there is a way to avoid this? I would be grateful.

Yeah, I heard the lastest patch fix that. That best experience I had was a group of 10 or 20 Orcs rushed at me while I took them out one by one with bow and arrows, with the last one died at my foot. It's a bug...but kind of exciting.

*A VERY BIG SPOILER*

@Krzychu......"well done" you have found that which we all seek!

The most powerful Druid Runak reveals that the beast in G3 is "the orcs" and that you must use the power of Adanos to decide the fate of the world. Now when you consider the words from book-10 as in the eternal wanderer book sequence (but could be different for others) you may not have realised but you have found a part of the hidden storyline - i suspect there are other parts yet to find - not sure. I would keep a permanent save for all time and never loose it......you have implemented that which only a few have found..the "sword" which is only suggested in the hard to reason storyline - as per the books.
Rhobar hid in a cave but the beast tracked him down, and Rhobar felt behind him
and there he found a sword, he took it and killed the beast with one stroke.
So you have found the power to kill the beast (orcs) with one stroke, i can only guess that the Rhobar part suggests "as a nordmarian" or maybe on instruction from Rhobar. - The wolves are also part of the plan, you may also find other beasts that you have the relevant druid stones for will assist in the liberation.

When this happens you can indeed liberate the whole G3 world which has been kept waiting....brilliant, i have been searching for this for some time, you may have to explain to some of us how it was achieved, but thats up to you.

It is not a bug, you have gained the power of the gods, you have solved G3.

Last edited:
Could you please stop with your Gothic 3 Chromanin story...
The wolves killing all the orcs with one hit sounds like a bug, but the game has (very limited) damage zones. For example hitting a sabertooth on the front side/head with magic or arrows causes more damage than hitting its side, same goes with orcs.

I'm not sure how the damage zones work when you use a sword, because you can't really aim where to hit.

The ice wolves killing 'em like that must be a bug, but I've had that happen some times with me killing the orcs. It first happened to me in Vengard (erm, the capital city, that may not be its name :p) - I was testing my dualwielding skill, and put the Orc Slayer sword in my off-hand, and then I noticed I occasionally kill orcs in one hit. The next time I saw this, I was in Nordmar, having just learned the Orc Slayer skill...

So, I figure the skill gives you a chance to kill an orc outright -- maybe on a critical hit or something; makes sense, at least. But, the wolves killing 'em right away are surely a bug.

I am experiencing something strange, that smells like a bug (Not a meatbug, though).

On occasion, when I'm in a fight, I can kill a foe with a single hit. This happens mostly when I'm fighting orcs, although I experienced this once with humans too.

Yeah, I heard the lastest patch fix that.

It's a known bug and was intended to be fixed in 1.12. But it didn't pass the beta-test of the patch and will (hopefully) come with the next patch.

Why this (your and the wolves one-hits) happen?

There is a rumor that sounds very logical:
While liberating a city the rebels were intended to help you, but as they are weaker than the orks they implemented this "bloodthirstyness" which leads to an eXtrem damageboost after fighting a while.
If it is true or not - i can't say, but in fact the rebels won't help you liberating and you and other NPCs (like the wolves) have this "feature" and P.Byte has still no good solution for it.

@Wulf
Thanks for your posts :)
I miss a "Thanks" button in this forum, where you can thank a user for a post...I know only one forum with this button...but I like it :D

Greetings

Edit: Orkslayer and Paladin-Perk cause these one-hit kills too. And Zuben for excample is one of these "creatures of Beliar", like all Hashishin... :(

It is not a bug, you have gained the power of the gods, you have solved G3.

*Hits the floor laughing* :lol:
I bow to your explanatory skills! I would not have thought of it that way. o_o That is an interesting theory, but so far the wolf incident was the only one that involved animals.

And yes, this seems to trigger when you learn the Orc Slayer skill. It first happened to me when I learnt that skill, so I thought that it was bugged and reloaded the game. But! Right now I don't have the Orc Slayer skill, and one-hit kills still happen.

And yes, this seems to trigger when you learn the Orc Slayer skill. It first happened to me when I learnt that skill, so I thought that it was bugged and reloaded the game. But! Right now I don't have the Orc Slayer skill, and one-hit kills still happen.

Interesting, so it seems to be triggered by it but once triggered, you can't get away from it. Probably starting new game or even reinstalling could help :-[]. Honestly, I'll rather live with the occational one hit kills. After all it sometimes helps even though it is not really nice.

Interesting, so it seems to be triggered by it but once triggered, you can't get away from it. Probably starting new game or even reinstalling could help :-[]. Honestly, I'll rather live with the occational one hit kills. After all it sometimes helps even though it is not really nice.

I never had the Ork-Slayer skill, the starting weapon was exchanged very fast...and I had these one-hit kills too :(

It occurs after killing X number of enemies when liberating camps or cities. Whether it's got anything to do with weapon expertise and critical hits, is a form of "bloodfrenzy", or a bug I don't know, but I do know it has happened in virtually all major cities and camps for me, and with all types of weapons.

Back
Top Bottom