Summoners Fate - Tactical RPG + CCG Hybrid

D20Studios

Traveler
Hi RPGWatch,

My name is Ross Przybylski, I'm an indie game developer new to your community, and I'm looking forward to getting to know you. I love tactical RPGs, and I love CCGs, so I left my job as a producer at EA to follow my passion and create a game that combines these genres called Summoners Fate.

My goal with Summoners Fate is to capture the excitement of board games, RPGs and card games I love to play with friends but don’t have a lot of time to play anymore. I am making this game for the time-strapped gamer that wants to have the joy of these experiences again.

I've been working on this game full-time with my wife now for the past 18 months, 80+ hours a week. We're doing this because we believe in creating a quality product that will provide lasting enjoyment for many years. Now, let's talk about the game!

Summoners Fate
Coming 2018 to iOS / Android / PC / Mac

About the Game
Summoners Fate is a fantasy turn-based tactics game / CCG hybrid with exploration and some RPG elements. You engage in series of battles on a table-top like board and explore the world to collect cards and create new types of strategy.

What makes the game different is its unique art style and top-down perspective - characters literally “look up” at you to command them. Instead of traditional RPG ability menus, leveling and inventory, your character use an appropriate action based on the target you select. You cast spells and equip weapons by dragging cards onto the battlefield from a deck you construct.

summonersFate_dreadnoughtLibrary.png

Summoners Fate is inspired by classic tabletop miniature and RPG board games like D&D, Hero Quest and Warhammer

Battles are quick, averaging 3 minutes to complete. When you complete a battle, your resources, surviving characters and remaining cards in your deck carry over to the next room in the dungeon, creating a strategic layer of resource management. Only when you complete the dungeon do you return to the overworld map and have the opportunity to rest, restoring your characters and deck to their initial stats.

giphy.gif

Move and attack are combined in a single gesture that makes gameplay more fluid and allows for unique combat tactics never before seen in the genre. Ask me about them ;)

As you explore, you find cards to add to your collection. You use cards to build decks, enabling for a range of strategies. The game will have a set of over 400 cards at launch, with 200 unique playable characters you can collect. Cards can be used to destroy characters and environment, create new characters, transform, enhance, and alter the game.

cards.png

Completing missions rewards collectible cards that let you cast spells, summon allies, and equip weapons.

Community Driven Development
My top goal for Summoners Fate is to build a game that fans of these genres absolutely love and enjoy. I want to start a dialog, share regular updates on our progress, get your feedback, and show you that I care about it by implementing it in the game.

Note: Since I'm new, I didn't know the best place to post. Since we are doing a Kickstarter, I figured this thread was a safe bet. But, I am genuinely looking for feedback, so please let me know if I might get more help with things like game design mechanics and such in a different thread.

summonersFate_redDragonFliesOverhead.png

Summoners Fate features a unique top-down perspective designed to look and feel like a tabletop miniature board game

Support us on Kickstarter
We're on Kickstarter now and we would love your support and feedback.​

Back
Top Bottom