Please help me with installation!

fulghore

Watcher
hi everybody..
i bought precursor from gamergate 1.1 version and installed it. it give me key errors during installation but pressing ignore all goes well. i activated the game with my serial and all ok. i run the game and it start. quit the game and install the 1.4 patch version 20.04.2011. the game give me the sound/cache etc.etc. error. i've disinstalled the game to reinstall all but i cant find the installer!! have i delete it when i cancel the temporary folder when the installer ask me? here is the installer of the game? and i can activate the game only 3 times???
u suggest to install the 1.3 patch version instead of 1.4?

can someone post the correct way to install the gamersgate 1.1 version of the game please?

thanks in advance

quit the game and install the 1.4 patch version 20.04.2011. the game give me the sound/cache etc.etc. error.

Are you sure it was the real 20.4. UP version? The date of the file itself is important, not the one on the website. I can't help you about the GG installation...

thx a lot wesp!! all goes well..great!
only two question:

1- when i ve installed the game i entered the serial key and activated it but it says i ve only two activation left. whats the hell??? if i disinstall the game because i ve some problems or other issue i can reinstall it only 2 times? and after? i trash the game??

2- aren't there any subtitles?

thanks again for your work

1- when i ve installed the game i entered the serial key and activated it but it says i ve only two activation left.

I don't know about these issues because I have the Russian version.

2- aren't there any subtitles?

Not in the movie cutscenes, no.

ok thanks a lot..

i hope to enjoy this game..it seems so interesting

1- when i ve installed the game i entered the serial key and activated it but it says i ve only two activation left. whats the hell??? if i disinstall the game because i ve some problems or other issue i can reinstall it only 2 times? and after? i trash the game??

Yes, 3 activations total and 10 deactivation, meaning eventually it will be unusable. It's pretty reprehensible and disgusting. Simple solution though: the no-disc exe works fine on the Gamersgate version, making it DRM free with a simple exe swap.

So, install like so (worked for me):

Install Gamersgate version
Install Wesp's unofficial 1.4 patch
Swap exe for no-disc exe
Copy sound files to game directory/packages
Play!

Works great!

What is the exe swap? And don't you install the russian audio files before you install the wesp patch?

What is the exe swap?

Ask your mum.

And don't you install the russian audio files before you install the wesp patch?

The above worked fine for me, I think it was 1.3 that you needed to do after the audio packs and now 1.3 is part of the main Gamersgate download. Installing 1.4 before the audio patch worked fine for me in any case. If you want to do it the opposite way go ahead, no reason not to.

okay this is what i did and it seems good so far

1.installed gamersgate 1.1 version
2. updated to 1.4
3. copied russian sound files over
4. unpacked permission override for english cutscenes into directory

Thanks all

Back
Top Bottom