Wasteland 2 - First To Win Challenge

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
InXile Entertainment is hosting a new contest to see who can finish Wasteland 2 the fastest on release, and win a few Razor goodies. Here are the official rules.

XALsL0A.jpg

inXile is partnering up with Razer and Intel for a Wasteland 2 post-release challenge: the first one to play the game through all the way from start to finish in the main storyline in the US will receive a Razer Blade Pro laptop valued at about $2500, and the first non-US person to do so will receive a cash equivalent!

To win a prize, you must stream your entire playthrough on Twitch starting after release on the 19th, and have it viewable in your video archive. When you’ve finished the game, mail us at support@inxile.net with a link to your twitch stream. If you’re one of the first to finish the game, we will let you know what you won!

We have several prizes available for runner-ups as well thanks to our friends at Razer and Intel!

Runner-Ups will receive one of the Runner-Up prizes, selected randomly.

Good luck out there, recruits!

Requirements to enter:

• The playthrough must be started no sooner than Wasteland 2’s release (NO EARLY ACCESS PLAYING TIME ALLOWED)
  • Must be at least 18 years of age and a legal resident of your country of residence
  • Void where prohibited
  • Chinese residents can not take part of this contest
  • Must stream your entire playthrough publicly viewable on Twitch
  • Must finish the game with the Rangers victory ending
More information.

like you cant grab it from a torrent and stuff... or just play it with a friends account.. geez

I guarantee it that the winner is not some1 who opens the game for the first time.. ok lets give it 2% chance

Those are some awesome prizes, but…who'd wanna ruin the experience of rushing through a game like this - a rare, amazingly well-made game - just to beat the game first? I don't know if that would be worth any prize they've listed above…a game like Wasteland 2 is meant to be savored…

It's like releasing an incredible vintage people have been waiting twenty years for and saying "whoever chugs this wine fastest wins a t-shirt."

I liked the story of Razer's CEO who pledged $10.000 to Wasteland 2 because he pirated the first one when he was young.

Although to be honest Razer's products are bad. Their plain Deathadder mouse is good due to not having any signal corrections, but their build quality is mediocre and these always break.

I don't see the problem. If people want to try, let them do it. If they don't, let them not do it.

Don't bitch about the non-bitchables :)

I think it sounds like fun, a good idea..... if you want to go at it slowly and explore everytihng, either you can do it on a second playthough or you can do that, and ignore the challange, the odds of winning unless you are able to play 24 hours without any kind of break is very slim anyway.

I don't see the problem. If people want to try, let them do it. If they don't, let them not do it.

Don't bitch about the non-bitchables :)

My point exactly. I think it's a fun idea, even if I have no interst in participating (nor in watching anyone else play the game).

My point exactly. I think it's a fun idea, even if I have no interst in participating (nor in watching anyone else play the game).

Personally, I'd rather slap myself silly than rush through a game like that. Also, I don't expect to like it much at all, so - if anything - I wouldn't rush to do anything except stop playing :)

But if I DID like it, I'd savor every moment of it.

However, I like to let people decide such things for themselves.

One word:

Maylander

Good point, but the amazing thing about Maylander is that he's actually experiencing the content as he's "rushing" through them.

I don't think you're going to win this contest unless you rush and click through every piece of dialogue like a Ninja on uncut speed ;)

It might be kinda amusing to watch the winner on Twitch as I'm sure it will be someone who is seriously sleep deprived by the end... Even if you skip all the sidequests and optional content this is supposed to be a pretty big game.

As for myself I think it will be awhile before I dive into this one. If there's even a chance of inXile adding more tactical options like "aimed shot" and perks / traits, in a future update, then I'd prefer to wait for awhile. Besides I'm dying to play Shadowrun: Dragonfall DC and doubt I'll be able to finish that in one day.

Very disappointing from inXile ; this is sheer stupidity !
Seems pretty smart actually, I'm sure the goal is to generate a lot of hype for the game on Twitch (due to the streaming requirement), and it's a clever enough way to accomplish it.

They haven't mentioned anything about difficulty settings? or maybe it is not in the game? otherwise they should have made it first person to complete it on hard or some such?

Would be really unfair if someone run it through on easy....

Good point, but the amazing thing about Maylander is that he's actually experiencing the content as he's "rushing" through them.

I don't think you're going to win this contest unless you rush and click through every piece of dialogue like a Ninja on uncut speed ;)

Indeed, this will be won by someone who simply ignores the content. I might have been able to get a reasonable good time for someone who's thorough, but I won't be playing this on day one.

Well, with the weekend coming and their being no PoE patch until next week, I might be tempted to speed through Wasteland 2.

But I like sleeping too, so probably not.

We can sponsor maylander with a pizza (beer) or two if he plays for the watch. Would be fun to see

Back
Top Bottom