Pricewatch!

There's nothing wrong with GamersGate by my experience. The problem is EA and their lame key/support system so it may happen that your game key for EA game bought on GamersGate refuses to be registered and by the time you do get the reply from EA and the issue fixed, you're not very eager to play that game any more.

There's nothing wrong with GamersGate by my experience.

Thrasher has had some bad experiences, and I don't deny anyone holding a grudge about poor customer service. I had an initial issue that they resolved years ago and no problems since - but that is me.

My issue was that something like a Mac version has nothing to do with a distribution company, but rather a complex licensing between a developer/publisher and someone doing game ports. Bethesda doesn't do Mac games, so they would be dependent on a porting house like Aspyr or Feral - and I know those guys would *love* to bring some of Bethesda's games to the Mac.

GG's Bethesda activations are in.

Groupees be mine 8 bundle now live:

http://groupees.com/bm8

It has Drakensang (steam) and Blood Bowl (steam) among the list.

Got it for Drakensang :) too bad the rest of them are not available in my region... so I'm hoping maybe GoG will have them in the future... and i love how they piss on the damn region lock and 1$=1euro policy.

I'll just say it's EPIC.

Grab it. Today.

Never played Drakensang…..was that a good rpg? No weird endless respawns or anything in it?

-Carn

Drakensang is good, the prequel The River of Time is great. The few respawn areas usually have a trigger somewhere which you can destroy.

Drakensang is good, the prequel The River of Time is great. The few respawn areas usually have a trigger somewhere which you can destroy.

One thing I loved about Drakensang was the light and saturated colors ... in an era where everything is 'dark & gritty' full of brown and gray, it really stood out for me.

Amazon is having a huge sale on game downloads now through the end of May.
Quite a few RPGs in there:
Dark Souls (for $7.49!), Drakensang: River of Time, Deus Ex, Risen 2, etc...
Some of these are Steam-activated.

GOG has 41 Ubisoft games for 50% off. It's a good chance to get all the might and magic games. Don't forget about the strategy ones also.

Last edited:
GOG has 41 Ubisoft games for 50% off. It's a good chance to get all the might and magic games. Don't forget about the strategy ones also.
Hmmm, Might & Magic 9 is the only part of the series I don't have. Reviews always seem pretty bad for that - is it worth getting for completist sake? $3 is not much of a gamble but is it worth the time?

Hmmm, Might & Magic 9 is the only part of the series I don't have. Reviews always seem pretty bad for that - is it worth getting for completist sake? $3 is not much of a gamble but is it worth the time?

Same thing I was thinking ... I haven't reached the end of my backlog since the last sale, so I might skip this time as well!

Back
Top Bottom