Elder Scrolls Online - One Tamriel Details

Aubrielle

Noveliste
Since One Tamriel was announced, more details have emerged on the coming world change for The Elder Scrolls Online.

<blockquote style="text-align: justify;">Since taking to the stage at E3 to announce their plans for "One Tamriel", the update that will make all content in The Elder Scrolls Online playable at any character level, the web is now home to a couple of previews regarding Zenimax Online's ambitious plans. The first one comes to us via MMORPG.com, where they briefly break down how this is going to work:

It’s something they’ve been perfecting since the game was released. First it was in Cyrodiil, then Orsinium, Hew’s Bane and most recently the Gold Coast. So all content will essentially be boosted to “max level” and all characters, regardless of actual character progression, will also be scaled. This will put every new player and old player at the same content and they will be able to explore and do quests together without any barriers.

The impediment of opposing of factions is also being removed with One Tamriel. No matter if you originally sided with Daggerfall, Ebonheart Pack, or even the filthy Aldmeri Dominion, you’ll be able to group with and play alongside anyone. This is something that had been requested well before the game launched. The Elder Scrolls community felt that with the faction lock the game wouldn’t feel like an Elder Scrolls game. They were right, the faction lock took out a lot of the single player Elder scrolls game feeling and gave it more of a MMORPG feel to it.

And then PC Gamer offers up a slightly shorter piece to fill in a couple of gaps:

When One Tamriel goes live, character levels will be scaled for the full game in the same way that they're currently scaled to the Imperial City, Orsinium, Thieves Guild, and Dark Brotherhood DLC zones. You'll be able to take on the entirety of Tamriel however you wish—“Just walk across the world and you will always find appropriately leveled content”—and, aside from PvP, players will be able to group and play with whoever they want, regardless of level or allegiance.

PvE Alliance restrictions are also being dropped, and “silver” and “gold” versions of zones will be replaced by Cadwell quest storylines that can be completed in any order. Trials and Dungeons will continue to offer Standard and Veteran difficulties, and the Coldharbour zone will be inaccessible to players who haven't finished the questline that leads there; if you're invited to join a group that's already there, however, you'll be able to access it immediately.
[/quote]More information.

Interesting. Have been thinking of getting back to ESO, I've only really scratched the surface thus far with a 15th lvl toon.

I like the look and scope of the game but obviously being an MMO I don't have quite the granular control of things that I enjoy with the single player TES titles. I also don't particularly like the limited equipping and 8 slot ability limit. I find I end up mashing the buttons in pretty much the same sequence with just about every single fight.

-kwm

I tried to get back into it, recently. I logged in several times on the weekend on a level 15 toon and on a level 35 toon, in two different factions. It was a ghost town. In the Alik'r Desert I was literally the only person there, that I saw. I found I didn't like the combat, anymore, either; and I started playing in beta and for months after release.

Considering how broken the PvP is with the large scale advertised PvP battles(massive lag spikes, freezing and repeated crashes until the battle is over, and you lose any alliance awards you may have contributed to earning), and the many cheaters in PvP, and the constant class adjustments that sometime leaves my class noncompetitive, I am getting a bit disgusted with the game myself.

May finish my final gold zone, and the Orsinium DLC, and be done with it. Too bad, a lot of invested time gone to waste. I knew I should have stayed away from MMOs.

The game is pretty much a trainwreck becasue it tries to be everything to everyone and doesn't have the resources to do it.

But it is still a ton of fun at times. Had a really fun PvP sewer group last night, that was really well run and organized via Teamspeak, with only one crash there. So it's a very mixed bag.

Last edited:
The game is pretty much a trainwreck becasue it tries to be everything to everyone and doesn't have the resources to do it.

That is well said as it happens to many games (and things in general). I understand the drive to increase sales by appealing to a larger audience but personally like diversity a lot more. Much prefer to find games I REALLY like, and ignore those I don't, then be stuck playing "OK" games full of compromises (within reason of course - get too diverse and you won't have the funds to make the games ... its all about balance).

Back
Top Bottom