The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

I would second that suggestion. I brought Jhianna into the TR group so that I could learn how to play a paladin in a friendly environment. Unfortunately, we play that group so infrequently that I forget how to play her between the group runs.

I think that is a good idea. It would be nice if a person misses out on a chain that he / she can get help completing that chain with others during the week. Some chains are nice for favor like VON 1-4. Some are quite tough soloing on elite. Traps, difficulty etc.

I agree that we have enough XP in the game on heroic levels to not bother about bravery bonus and elite streaks all the time. Remember that not playing a toon gives 0 XP. That is much worse than losing on bravery bonus and elite streaks.

Corwin dislikes epic quests. That means he should want us to run as much heroic content as possible. If we advance too fast because we go after maximizing XP then he can't enjoy his heroic toons as much. We have to skip interesting content and suddenly we are at level 20 and become epic. So getting LESS XP should be in Corwin's interest to keep the group at herpic levels in as many quests as possible.

Turbine moving to indie studio

An interesting announcement by Severlin today:

Greetings,

Today we have some momentous news! The game teams responsible for The Lord of the Rings Online (LOTRO) and Dungeons & Dragons Online (DDO) are now moving from Turbine to Standing Stone Games, a newly formed indie game studio. In addition, we’ve partnered with Daybreak Games to provide global publishing services. They’ve had a long, successful history developing and publishing MMOs, and we’re happy to lean on their expertise.

With the announcement out of the way, I wanted to talk to you about what all this means.

We're embarking on an exciting adventure as Standing Stone Games, a newly-independent studio staffed by people who have been working on DDO and LOTRO for many years. The teams remain very much committed to both games and are thrilled to continue development and operations of these games as an independent studio. This is an opportunity for us to bring about our dreams while still working on two of the biggest licenses in video games. It's a huge honor, and for you this means your games will continue to grow and improve. We love to focus on games with a high level of depth and scope, and we can't wait to show you what the future brings.

Although a great many exciting things are happening on our end, you'll be able to continue playing the game(s) you enjoy with as little interruption as possible. Our development continues on track, and the plans we have already announced remain firmly in our future view. Again, although we are a new studio, we are also the same developers who have been and will continue to work on our games.

Our success has always been possible because of your support. As we move forward, this is more important than ever. The ultimate goal of our new studio is to continue to bring you amazing experiences. We are excited for the future, and we’re thrilled to have you with us on this journey.

Here's to great games, epic adventures, and memorable times with friends!

~Sev

Thread is here: Standing-Stone-Games-A-message-from-Rob-Ciccolini

Edit:

They've also posted a FAQ: Standing Stones Transition FAQ

There are some other threads as well, which you can find via the dev tracker.

Last edited:
I apologize if there was contradictory information someplace. We haven't even had a chance to do the third Favored Soul or Druid trees yet, much less an Artificer pass. Wizard and Sorcerer could use some attention; I am thinking specifically of Eldritch Knight. We certainly are not done with class passes. The caveat is that this year with the expansion on the horizon the pace might drop as we work towards the Ravenloft expansion.

Sev~

So two things to take from this:

1 - Ravenloft expansion in the works for next year.
2 - Favored Soul pass hasn't even begun apparently. I asked if there was any design work done to get the complaining started early.
3 - Class passes may slow down as expansion work begins.
4 - Raisin Cookies aren't as good as other cookies.

Patch has broken quests if Warlock AoM & FvS AoV & Exalted Angel auras are on

Apparently they did something that has caused auras to break quests. Specifically warlock auras of menace & favored soul AoV (which apparently has an AoM component). At least two quests are broken if party members have those on. These are the ones reported on the forums so far. See threads below:

Outbreak in druids curse chain broken

Beyond the Rift is Broken also

The following is a quote from Cocomajob in the second thread:
Yes. Aura of Menace from all sources, not just Warlock.

In addition, Angelic Presence from Exalted Angel is confirmed to also do this. Continuing to investigate other sources and a fix.

Edit:

Add Wiz King to the list. Sounds like any quest that that requires certain mobs to spawn & be killed before you can proceed.

Wiz King

Another quote from Cocomajob in this thread:
We have confirmed that offensive auras which give debuffs but not damage (Aura of Menace, Angelic Presence) can cause this to occur. We are further investigating whether there are more sources.

If you have a offensive debuff aura ability toggled active, we would appreciate it if you toggled it off and let us know if you are still encountering enemies not becoming active.

My guess is there'll be a hotfix or patch issued shortly.

New agro mechanic causing dungeon alerts & breaks assassin rouge

New agro mechanic appears to also be broken. You can no longer range one enemy to pull them, it will alert the entire mob. However, it appears they overdid it. Players are reporting that if one sees you, apparently so does the entire dungeon, causing massive dungeon alerts. See thread below.

aggro mechanic

Edit:

Apparently it breaks assassin rogue builds, so quick, change to mechanic:
*rolls eyes*

Can we get feedback from assassin builds

Last edited:
Give yourselves extra time for patch - may break your install

Give yourselves extra time to install the update & recover from it. Haven't done so yet, but see following thread. Apparently it's breaking some players' installations.

Patch Problem

BTW, I've had a similar issue myself before, & installing the 'Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable' referenced in the thread does fix it.

Edit: I just updated, took about 4 minutes for me on a FIOS connection, and did not encounter the problem. Good luck.

Last edited:
Heroic Greensteel Handwraps Warning!!!

Argh!!!! Can't they do anything right? New heroic greensteel handwrap blanks are BtC instead of BtCoE like every other heroic greensteel blank.

Greensteel Handwraps PSA

I think I'll wait awhile to update in the hope that they fix everything before the weekend!!

Threaded Handwraps Still Broken

Oh, contrary to what they state in the release notes, they didn't fix the broken handwraps, at least not the threaded ones.

Hotfix: Servers down 11 am - 2 pm tomorrow (-5 GMT, Thursday)

They've scheduled a hotfix for tomorrow which will supposedly fix some, but not all of the issues. From Cordovan:
The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Thursday, December 22nd from 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) for a hotfix. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!

The hotfix will correct an issue with some player auras, including Aura of Menace and Angelic Presence, that are causing some enemies to not activate correctly. Additionally, this will provide our updated EULA, and change Heroic Greensteel Handwraps to be Bound to Character on Equip (as intended.)

NOTE: We're actually putting together the build tonight, so there's a small possibility something will come up that will prevent us from doing the hotfix tomorrow. If that happens, we'll let you know.

But, since they're putting the build together tonight, they'll probably break some more stuff in the process.

The aura bug IIRC is a repeat. I think when AoV was first introduced it caused problems in the same type quests, where mob spawns could be broken. It also caused aggro issues.

Aura of Menace is the AoV aura, AFAIK.

Backed up my install and updating now.

Tonight?

Are we running alts or main lowbies today or Epics? We haven't done any epics in a few weeks.

I have Aryahnna ready to TR, but am wanting to farm a few more things for her before I do so, so would prefer to wait till next week. However, if we're going to run the alts, I need to know in time to TR her, which means by around 3 or 4 pm EST this afternoon (GMT-5).

Really Nice Sales & Bonuses this Weekend

There are some really nice sales on this weekend only (now thru Jan 2nd):
  • 75% off Greater Tome of Heroic Learning & Sovereign
    Guild Renown Elixirs
  • 35% off Gnome Race
  • 50% off +5 Tome of Skillx6 & Shadar-kai Iconic Hero
  • 75% off Select offers on the DDO Market
  • Double Bonus TP Points are back (now DDO points)
  • 75% off Select offers on the DDO Market (it's mostly the older packs & things like the druid class & the starter pack. The starter pack is now at $2.50 US. If you haven't picked this up, it's worth getting just to get the permanent gold seal level 3 cleric hireling Eleri, also known as the renewable spell pot. She's good thru level 4 or 5 quests as a healer, and even in epics, I can call her if the party's not full, have her DV whoever needs it, dismiss her, then repeat 5 minutes later. It also gives you 5 excellent XP pots & 250 TP's.
In addition:
  • 20% off on True Hearts of Wood & all Lesser Hearts of Wood (except the +20's)
  • Make sure you get your daily dice rolls in this weekend, it's Double Daily Dice XP

Last edited:
We don't know whether we will be on the alts or not because we won't know who will show up. So I would have TR'ed Aryahnna just in case. It's quite likely one person won't show up and that means the alts. That is unless Corwin is the one not showing up so we can run epics instead.

I can't play very long since it's Christmas tomorrow and I will have to travel to my parents around 2pm local time. So I need to be in bed no later than 3-4am tonight.

In many European countries Christmas is on December 24th and not December 25th as in USA.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom