What games are you playing now?

Yes. Miles better. Kenway was a badass and a bit of a shady guy with unclear motives. A pretty interesting character IMHO.
Shay is… well, how do you put this in politically correct terms… well, he might be attracted to specimen of the same sex more than the opposite sex :biggrin: . Just the way he looks and talks with that nasal voice… a pretty meh-ish main character.

Much better but I think it might depend a little on the order you play the games. Didn't you play Rogue first and BF later? I played BF first and Rogue afterwards so there was no novelty for me with the ship stuff etc.
I also liked BF's setting better. The Caribbean and the gameplay which felt like a modern 3D version of Pirates! sometimes was more appealing to me than Rogue's North Atlantic and River Valley setting.

No joke at all. I thought that BF had some genuinely interesting characters that fit in perfectly with the Caribbean pirate setting like Captain Kidd (nice surprise twist, too), Blackbeard, Anne Bonny, Stede Bonnet, Adewale, Charles Vane and Aveline.

I also played all AC games in chronological order around xmas 2014 all the way up to Black Flag. AC3 was one of the weakest games in the series with whiny and annoying Connor. I only finished that game because I wanted to see the conclusion of the Desmond Miles storyline. Other than that I found it to be pretty horrible after the excellent AC2 and the decent Revelations and Brotherhood.

Yes, definitely different tastes :) . I believe I would like Rogue a lot more if I had not played Black Flag before it. Rogue feels like a downgrade in all aspects, also graphically, even though it came out later.
I will still finish it but I'm pretty burned out on AC games in general. There are way better open world action games these days (like the Batman series). It will be quite some time before I am going to continue with Unity and Syndicate.

This winter will be Witcher 3 GOTY time for me. I'm planning on picking up the GOTY first sale this fall on Steam, i.e. either Halloween, Black Friday or Xmas at the very latest. I have already purchased this awesome guide and I'm really looking forward to many epic long winter nights with that masterpiece!

Missed this, sorry. Have some health problems so cannot concentrate (seems it's not ulcer but something else - whatever it is, DLC scamware made me get it!).

Anyway…
Shay Cormac is not gay. Don't expect a gay protagonist in Ubisoft's games, they're not EA or Rockstar and are most probably incompetent of creating one. Sure some gay assassin was mentioned (was it in AC4?), but Ubi is scared to put one as a main character.
Speaking of attraction it's odd you didn't notice lack of "romance" as series progressed. Ezio chased skirts like crazy and then all other assassins were basically asexual. Until AC:Unity but let's stay away from that abomination.

Yes I played AC:Rogue before AC4. I had a feeling of dropping from a horse on a mule. Noticed how Rogue removed too many of collectable pokemon, ditched diving rubbish and allowed you to attack and be attacked!

I didn't care about carribean thing. Wanted an assassins creed game and Rogue was that. AC4 simply wasn't ac game. It's a game about a random pirate and that's it.

Cannot agree with your take on AC3. IMO the worst AC game with the worst character is AC:Unity. AC3 is miles better than AC4 and you can kill me, but I love AC3. Quality of port is alike though. Both AC3 and AC4 came with middlefinger from Ubisoft to PC audience. AC3 emulating mushrooms with WASD and AC4 hammering one CPU core and forcing you to overclock it to avoid microstutters.

Dunno why you went with Batman Arkham series as your next openworld (Arkham Knight to be precise). I did buy Asylum and City, but only because of Arkham Asylum masterpiece. The comic. Yes there is a comic. A comic everyone should have in their home "library". Paper version, not those digital rubbish on phone versions.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Batman-Arkham-Asylum-Anniversary-Deluxe/dp/1401251250/

Grab Tomb Raider reboot and after that Rise of the Tomb Raider. Assuming you want openworld environment puzzler. Feel free to skip their season pass.

@joxer: Well, I have to say that Rogue (and Shay, too ;) ) got quite a bit better after you get to New York. It almost seems like they did the first few hours of the game on the shitty AC3 engine and then switched to the much more pleasing looking AC4 engine with better everything. I'm enjoying it a lot more now but it's still not better than Black Flag... about the same maybe.

As far as Tomb Raider is concerned, I'm a huge fan of the series since part no. 1 in 1996 (immediately went and got a PC copy after I played the game on Sega Saturn at a friend's place) and I have played almost all of them including the 2013 reboot. Rise of the Tomb Raider is on my list but I'm in no hurry after the lame Xbone exclusivity crap. I'll get the 20th anniversary edition when it goes on sale one day. No rush.

Blowing up robots in Binary Domain. And sweet mother of Zeus does it feel gooood! :p
Great TPS, interesting story/setting, even some romance, eh?, but typical japanese delivery.
Really underrated this one, one of better surprises I've come across.

Romance? What romance? Bad romance(TM)LadyGaga?
Gamespy said "Binary Domain looks and plays the third-person, cover-based shooter part, but it's really just a soulless imitation. And I'd love nothing more than to bash its robot brains in."
You saying it's not just a clone of clones?

And isn't that product one of those Neptunialike insults that hurts your eyes with pics of mushrooms while you don't have console wasteofmoneyware plugged in your PC?

how to survive 2

still fun like the first one but i dont like the closed areas missions thing

And isn't that product one of those Neptunialike insults that hurts your eyes with pics of mushrooms while you don't have console wasteofmoneyware plugged in your PC?

Sure. :p

Not sure by "soulless imitation"...Gears of War ain't exactly high art. In comparison, cover mechanics and enemy movement is a bit worse, but bullet impact is far better... The best in any shooting game by far. Plus enemies change tactics based on how you damage them, really nice addition to TPS. Great boss fights, little variety of weapons, could use more "powers" to avoid stick for cover gameplay, solid level design, filled with classical dramatic action set pieces with some QTE's ( but nothing RE level of irritating).

Characters are the likes of which have never seen before:

You've got your black bromance dude that makes Ronnie Coleman look like skinny codexian. A mystery asian femme fatale that falls for the player and holds a dark, plot related secret. Cowardly ( "tactical") gay British agent wearing a coco-hat. Manly lesbian stocked with dynamite and rpg launcher at her back. And lastly, cocky american cowboy protagonist with a good heart. :p

Cliche as hell, but charming in it's own way. Plus you build "trust" with them over the course of game( dialogue, combat performance... mostly) and this affects the end game and how they follow your orders.

Setting and main story/theme ( more by the last act, basic at first, but good enough to drive action forward): interesting, but not fully fleshed out. Understandable for an action game, though. Some corny dialogue/scenes, but at least something to chuckle.

Overall, great action game, with bit more "story"/investment to it than expected... Seriously as good, if not better than any Mass Effect.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against everyone falling for "the hero", I am Mass Effect fan so nothing new there. Unless there are orgies included. EA still didn't make that.

But you seem expecting me to buy a game that would insult me with ABXY or circle/rectangle/square rubbish during my playthrough.
If I do step on such turd not knowing what cat I got in the bag, I thumb it down instantly on Steam. And luckily, now I can also refund it, unlike that time I bought Neptunia.
But there is no reason to spend a dime when already I know I'd be seeing insulting pics, so I'll just skippit. Unless there is a mod that fixes it.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against everyone falling for "the hero", I am Mass Effect fan so nothing new there. Unless there are orgies included. EA still didn't make that.

But you seem expecting me to buy a game that would insult me with ABXY or circle/rectangle/square rubbish during my playthrough.
If I do step on such turd not knowing what cat I got in the bag, I thumb it down instantly on Steam. And luckily, now I can also refund it, unlike that time I bought Neptunia.
But there is no reason to spend a dime when already I know I'd be seeing insulting pics, so I'll just skippit. Unless there is a mod that fixes it.

Ohh, that...I thought that was a riddle of some sort. ;)

Didn't have any issues with controls, performance, (looks pretty good still), etc... On port side things lookin' good.
The game can use microphone for giving commands direct in combat, but it's spotty and works fine without.

This is just embarassing.

And here's the help defense.

I don't recall having many issues with help defense in 2K16 for PC. Maybe I never noticed. I do notice that once in awhile a guy will be wide open for a 3 even though my opponent really didn't do anything to get the guy a look.

Can we see some close screenshots of hair please?

Eh, Bioshock I. Had it for years without trying it for whatnot. Have no idea what's going here. Some kind of underwater city and then some crazy woman jumped, started screaming and tried to bash me with a crowbar...quickly Alt+F4 out of the game. Will give it another go later on.

Do it, and keep on going. The first Bioshock has at least one memorable character! :harl:

In addition to slogging through AC Rogue, I'm also (re-)playing BioShock at the moment, i.e. the Remastered edition.
It definitely hasn't lost its magic and still has that great atmosphere and gameplay. After eight hours I've only made it to Arcadia (3rd major level) so I'm taking my sweet time exploring every nook and cranny.

The game is unfortunately tainted by controls issues, poor FoV etc. so a visit to PCGamingWiki prior to playing is mandatory (as with all console ports IMHO).
2K seem to be working on a patch because some people are having really nasty bugs peppered with rampant crashing and save game corruption (my game doesn't crash luckily).

It might be worth waiting for that patch to come out for anyone who is not willing to do the editing and tweaking effort that is required for a somewhat smooth experience. If the game weren't so good, I probably wouldn't put up with all this shit either :biggrin: .

Update to the above: That BioShock Remastered patch has been released now. BioShock 2 Remastered patch notes here.

Back
Top Bottom