EA - Mass Effect 3 & Andromeda now on Steam

I never played Andromeda, particularly due to the negative hype. Is it worth 15 bucks?

I never played Andromeda, particularly due to the negative hype. Is it worth 15 bucks?
Depends as you will get mixed opinions because the launch of the game wasn't that great. The backlash from vocal fans who hated the game killed off any expansions.

Personally I loved it and replayed it a few times already with last update.

The game had a rough start and harsh judgement due to being under EA's logo and sporting lootboxes in a rather crappy multiplayer mode, as well as other botched ideas such as outsorcing facial animations which ended up being terrible (though they got patched later).

The single player campaign is pretty good, and while the story isn't the best thing you'll ever experience, the worlds are vast and beautiful and honestly, exploring the landscapes and variety of environments in the Frostbite engine is a delight. It depends on what you want from the game of course, but if I hadn't played it, for 15 bucks it feels like a steal.

Once you are past the first 5+ hours I think it is a solid open-world game. The massive overreaction in the first few months killed it. A real pity as there were excellent DLC opportunities.

But wasn't there talk about an enhanced edition of the trilogy ? So buy now and buy again later ? ...

I would like to give ME:A a shot, but it is still the same BS with EA and Origin logins/registrations. What's the benefit of having it on Steam then? Pass again.

...I wonder if it's time to play ME3? I have played through the first two at least two times but never got around to buying the third.

…I wonder if it's time to play ME3? I have played through the first two at least two times but never got around to buying the third.

to get the good ending, you need to buy the dlc bundle too hahahaha

No. To get the best ending you can fastrun a few main quests of ME3 and grind it's MMO.

Some say Bioware patched the design crime where to get the best ending without touching MMO you had to play all three games and transfer saves plus you had to do all DLC from ME2 and ME3. I can't confirm this idiocy was actually patched, sorry.

I played ME:A just a a few months ago for the first time... skipped it originally because of all the controversy and because I didn't like ME 2 nearly as much as the first. Anyway, so coming at ME:A years later with little expectations and I enjoyed it. It's not a great game but if you stick to the main quest line/story I think it plays quite well.

There is a lot more grindy/mmo-ish gameplay outside of that you could pursue but I just ignored that content and ran through the main quest (which I enjoyed).

Gameplay-wise, I thought Andromeda was an improvement over the previous games. It's definitely worth the 15 bucks if you're in the mood for some actiony sci-fi. Just try to ignore the filler side-quests because they're not worth the time, and the game is far too bloated with them.

I agree that there's no point in buying it on Steam though. Just buy it on Origin instead of running two separate launchers. I don't get why they would release it on Steam and still require the player to use Origin anyways.

Sure. Most of the negativity I saw revolved around the crappy facial textures and animations. Makes me wonder if those people have played a Bioware game from the last decade. It's as good as any of the other Mass Effect games (crossed with the filler content of DA:I), so if you enjoyed those, you may as well get this one on the cheap.

Not true. The change in ending was a free update, not a paid DLC. I've never seen it personally because I was over and done with the game by then, but that's how Bioware handled it.

• Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut ending
isnt this the cool ending? if so, its in the dlc pack

Sure. Most of the negativity I saw revolved around the crappy facial textures and animations. Makes me wonder if those people have played a Bioware game from the last decade. It's as good as any of the other Mass Effect games (crossed with the filler content of DA:I), so if you enjoyed those, you may as well get this one on the cheap.

To be honest those facial animations were not crappy as being bad, as many games are.

They were crappy to the point to make you stare and forget a cut scene was trying to tell you something.

Back
Top Bottom