Mount & Blade II - Now Available in Early Access

42 is the number of the floor where Douglas Adams publisher's office was located.

This is not an answer, and this…
iu

…is not a pipe.

True story.

I'm pretty sure the answer is 42.

-----

Anyways, here's my short review after spending some good time with the early access release:
* The game and its current state is more or less what I expected. It kept me entertained for a few dozen of hours.
* There's bugs, but I had not a single game-breaking issue so far.
* Performance is fine for me, low/mid-tier PCs seem to struggle though. Occasionally, I do see some stuttering, without clear cause.
* The balance (character progression, economy of the game) is pretty much shot.
They are working on it, but there's still a long road ahead.
* In it's current state, the story / mainquest could as well be removed. It makes little sense and is also bugged. If you want a good story in this game, you have to imagine your own.
* Your own character's fighting is as good as I expected it to be. Fun.
* Group fights are also doing well, with much better ways of controlling your troops.
* But: group fights are still subject to a pretty patchy AI.
* Sieges are a fun diversion now and then, but have the most severe AI issues.
* There's already a bunch of interesting mods out there, but since the mod tools are not released yet, full conversions are probably about 1-2 years in the future. At least. Still, present mods are worth a look. At the very least to fix some balance issues.
* I wish they'd add some more extreme-weather effects. It's fun to have a battle in a bit of a snow-storm, great for atmosphere. More of that would be nice. Cavalry charges coming out of the fog at you, stuff like that.
Thanks it's basically all I wanted to ask what is included in the beta.:(

Seems at least a few more years of Early Access.

We might have a contender for longest game in development.:biggrin:

Last edited:
I'm still wondering what the question was (I already knew the meaning of life, the universe and everything).

There is dilution that might make it hard to track or remember the question. When looking at trolling and its understandings, it appears that institutions of justice have come to consider that when a group gangs up to flood with sidetracked content, that is trolling.

Le chien aboie et la réponse passe.

The absence of answer moves on. So far still no answer.

I see you made sure to include "group", so as not to qualify your own posts.

Thanks it's basically all I wanted to ask what is included in the beta.:(

Seems at least a few more years of Early Access.

We might have a contender for longest game in development.:biggrin:

Yeah, it may stay in EA for a while. The most important next milestone (from my point of view) is the release of mod tools. Has anyone seen a date on that?

There is dilution that might make it hard to track or remember the question. When looking at trolling and its understandings, it appears that institutions of justice have come to consider that when a group gangs up to flood with sidetracked content, that is trolling.

The absence of answer moves on. So far still no answer.

If one individual keeps asking for an answer without providing a question and uses this as an excuse to insult random people the aforementioned individual can be called a Troll claims another institution of justice.

Still no answer. And again the denial of any asked question.

Still no answer.

Don't falter Dog!

Bark at them until one of those plebs is enlightened by your conversation or find the question you refuse so proudly to share with them.

They are not Ready!

People who have not in store are not ready to deliver what they do not have in store.

As to enlightening people, it takes special quality to achieve it and left to people who have that quality. Enlighten is also a topical choice of word considering the claim.

Out of liberality, the question is neither in the first or second post in the thread. No charge for this hint. As a reminder, there is one pending question.

Okay Mods, I think this has gone on long enough? Time to lock the thread? No one even has a clue what he is talking about.

It's 42!

Ok, so I've reread this entire post looking for Chiens question, only to realise he hasn't posted a single question. Which I should have realized before rereading his posts, Chien usually gives answers since he knows everything.

There are some unanswered questions from other posters though, like "Does MP require skill?". No one answered that one, I assume because most of us don't answer questions regarding games or game modes we haven't actually played ourselves?

Last edited:
I see Chienbot has downloaded more RAM from the internet and now instead of bad English grammar just uses poetic sentences that nobody understands the meaning of.

Ok, so I've reread this entire post looking for Chiens question, only to realise he hasn't posted a single question. Which I should have realized before rereading his posts, Chien usually gives answers since he knows everything.
A limited number of posts made in this thread. One contains a question and it does not contain an answer to it.

If there had been an answer made to it, it would be pointless and groundless to notice the question has not been answered yet.

Back
Top Bottom