Black Geyser - Gameplay

Really like the environments, but the rest is still a bit clunky. Good potential nonetheless!

Just skipped through it so I can't say anything with actual substance.
What I've noticed though is that the dynamic lighting on the player's characters seems off. Mostly they're just to bright, if you get what I mean.
The underground vegetation @1:16 heavily reminds me of the First World vegetation in Pathfinder: Kingmaker, which I recently replayed. That's not a bad thing though, just came to my mind.

Looks like baldurs gate/icewind dale/panscape torment type of the game.

I don't care about graphics. If it has at least passable story, mediocre interface and interesting fighting and great character builder I will play it. :)

Yeah, if they hadn't triggered me with the baloney at the point of the KS, and just been honest about the timescale to actually make the game, I'd say this is looking fairly decent.

A guy from another studio recently said they're a small IT company trying their hand at game dev on the side, and that rings pretty true, to me. Fingers crossed that they actually see it through, but I suspect there's a cubic assload of work to be done to complete all they described.

Yeah, this is certainly looking good. (after skipping ahead through it) This does look like many of my favorite games and it seems to be detailed enough to satisfy.

Yeah, if they hadn't triggered me with the baloney at the point of the KS, and just been honest about the timescale to actually make the game, I'd say this is looking fairly decent.

A guy from another studio recently said they're a small IT company trying their hand at game dev on the side, and that rings pretty true, to me. Fingers crossed that they actually see it through, but I suspect there's a cubic assload of work to be done to complete all they described.

Yeah, I passed on the KS due to the alarm bells that kept ringing in my head when I read their updates and got the feeling they didn't have a clue what they were getting themselves in to. I'll gladly purchase it if it's ever released in a good state though.

Some more gameplay. I recommend fast forwarding.

Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness Beta!

Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness Beta - Raw First Playthrough

Thanks for the news Couch!

I watched some but I have never been into this streaming thing. I only like seeing short videos that show some of the basics.

Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness Beta Preview - Gamebanshee
Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness, or at the very least its Backer Beta, is a strange game. It’s clear that a lot of care and effort was put into it, but then at times it almost feels like it simply tries to ape some other RPGs that came before it.

In the end, Black Geyser walks a very fine line between that and being its own thing full of interesting or at the very least unique ideas. And I can’t deny that despite whatever shortcomings the game’s backer beta may have, it also oozes a certain charm that makes you want to keep playing it.

And if you ask me, the number of technical issues and minor annoyances present in the beta the developers manage to fix by the time Black Geyser launches will determine if that charm is going to last. And I really hope that it does.

Back
Top Bottom