Mass Effect : Andromeda - Manual Saves

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
I just started playing ME Andromeda as it's part of my origins subscription. I know reviews weren't good, but I recently finished ME 3 and thought I would give it a go.

I'm probably halfway through the initial mission now, but I can't seem to manually save the game. Is there something I am missing ?

That is almost certainly it. During main missions, there are checkpoints but you can't manually save. You definitely can in general.
Ah okay so I guess I just have to get through this tutorially part.

Thanks @JFarrell71; and @Pongo;

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I did a second play through recently and the very first mission you can't save and its the long opening one. I found it very annoying as it tends to be rather long. After that, however, you get more chances to save (I don't play games where you can't manually save). There are certain missions where you can't save when you want but the auto-save was pretty good about that and not losing time.

I detest, as in really, really dislike any game that does not allow manual saves or very limited autosaves. Also dislike "check point" saves. Screw that. I am not going to keep replaying the same content because some crappy developer thought it would be a "cool" idea to make people redo content over and over.

The lack of manual saves during main and scripted side missions is because of engine problems - in savegame it can't "remember" which trashmobs were killed (despawned).

Because of the same reason, and you forgot, it wasn't possible to manually save in DA:I during main missions. If that wasn't so, the engine would just respawn everything back just as while you're exploring Hinterlands where manual saves were unlocked because everything is instarespawning anyway.

Back
Top Bottom