Divinity: Original Sin II - Soundtrack on Vinyl

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The soundtrack of Divinity: Original Sin 2 is now available in vinyl and comes with a discount on the game, in case you did not have that one yet. If you visit Pax East, you can also score one there and get it signed as well.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 vinyl soundtrack to release in cooperation with Black Screen Records. Available at PAX East and online.

To celebrate the launch of the soundtrack, Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition players will receive a 25% discount coupon for Divinity: Original Sin 2 on Steam

GHENT, Belgium - Larian Studios and German music distributor Black Screen Records have worked in cooperation to produce three versions of the soundtrack to Divinity: Original Sin 2, composed by Borislav Slavov, on a limited pressing.​

Each version is pressed on high-quality 180-gram vinyl, produced in Germany by Optimal Media, and mastered for the format by Christian Bethge at RAMA Tonstudio.

Music aficionados will enjoy three versions:
  • Remastered Original Soundtrack Audiophile Edition 180g - a traditional black vinyl for people who still believe color kills sound quality.
  • Remastered Original Soundtrack Ltd. Edition 180g Gold Vinyl - a non-traditional gold vinyl for people who believe everything is better in gold.
  • Remastered Original Soundtrack Ltd. Edition Red/Black Starburst Vinyl - a demon-enriched nietzschean foray into madness and chaos.
Each vinyl comes with a free download code for the full digital album.
Also included is a piano score of the Main Theme, for anyone itching to get their inner-Bard on.

Each version will be available in April, with pre-orders open on the Black Screen Records website. Anyone lucky enough to be attending PAX East in Boston will be able to purchase the record directly from Larian Studios themselves, who will be happy to sign as many of them as they can, along with other merchandise available at the show.
More information.

Its all good, especially track 4 "Rivellon"

I have one. I like to have the things I really admire in physical form, and I sort of miss the days when music was something that had to be sought out and carefully acquired.

... I sort of miss the days when music was something that had to be sought out and carefully acquired.

Filtering out the rubbish available digitally is the new acquired skill. Listening to my discoveries, like Juan Trip or Darker My Love and then hearing them crop up in TV show sound tracks. Or hearing Portugal The Man in my local night club after I'd been listening to it for months. There's still a skill to finding it.

I've recently got a new one specially for this release ;-)
You of all people should have one, yes ;)

You’ve been absent from active posting for quite some time. So, for what game are you composing music now? :)

And are you signing the albums at Pax?

I sort of miss the days when music was something that had to be sought out and carefully acquired.
Imo this is even harder today.
The accessibility to music has improved a lot, but with it the amount of music one has access to. I can spent a lot of time listening to music und not buying anything (as download) - and that's a really taxing process. But sometimes I find something that gives me so much pleasure, that it was worth it.
I think it's similar to digging for gold with just a shovel for weeks, not finding anything, and when you least expect it, out of nowhere, there is this really big and shiny nugget. ;)

You of all people should have one, yes ;)

You’ve been absent from active posting for quite some time. So, for what game are you composing music now? :)

I've been here all the time, reading..quietly :) I am an old RPG Watcher.

Games..music… I love them both …and there will be news later on this year… I guess ;-)

Last edited:
Nice but I would prefer golden or properly demonic CD. :)

Its all good, especially track 4 "Rivellon"

Allow me to correct you. Its all glorious as usual with Glorian and there are many great tracks like Rivellon. :) For example Mead, Gold and Blood is excellent, especially the last part. It also reminds me of Knights of Honor.

Hints are welcome. ;)

I give you a hint. In that case if Im eventually right Glorian is out of trouble. :)
Maybe Glorian found time to work on a certain big Journey game. :)

I wonder if it will have Lohse's song on it? There was griping about that not being in the original version of the soundtrack DLC.
Or perhaps singing them?
If you visit Pax East, you can also score one there and get it signed as well.
Surely the score is already done!

Hum. Pax East is 1.2 mile from where I live but I suspect this isn't the sort of event where you can just show up?
You have to register to attend and pay a few fees.

Link - http://east.paxsite.com/registration
Wonder how many folks still have players….
Well I have two players and a small collection after my father died. Seems Vinyl records and paperback novels are selling more then digital once again.

Link
- http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/27/media/ebooks-sales-real-books/index.html
Link- https://www.theguardian.com/music/2...nyl-hits-25-year-high-and-outstrips-streaming

I need to be "cooking" something , somewhere else at that time, but there will be as usual Larian folks, who would gladly sign the copies.

Or perhaps singing them?
This is actually awesome idea, which I might consider doing one day :). For now, there is only one track/bonus song recorded with my humble voice :)

Hints are welcome.
All I can say at this time is that the upcoming news will be RPG related ;-)

Allow me to correct you. Its all glorious as usual with Glorian and there are many great tracks like Rivellon. For example Mead, Gold and Blood is excellent, especially the last part. It also reminds me of Knights of Honor.
Thank you for the kind words Farflame! I am happy to know you like it!

I wonder if it will have Lohse's song on it? There was griping about that not being in the original version of the soundtrack DLC.
Yes! :) Lohse song is included in the Vinyl and there is a download coupon included for the extended digital release of the soundtrack.

Okay thats cool. Just define what you mean by RPG. :p

How upcoming is this news anyway? A couple of weeks or a couple of months roughly speaking and not confirming anything officially. ;)

Filtering out the rubbish available digitally is the new acquired skill. Listening to my discoveries, like Juan Trip or Darker My Love and then hearing them crop up in TV show sound tracks. Or hearing Portugal The Man in my local night club after I'd been listening to it for months. There's still a skill to finding it.

Some good finds there! I'll be adding to my collection.

Hum. Pax East is 1.2 mile from where I live but I suspect this isn't the sort of event where you can just show up?
You could have registered as a media representative of RPGWatch. It is too late now unfortunately :)
You should trigger me earlier next year and we see to have you set up with a free press pass. It would require you to write something we can publish after the event.

I need to be "cooking" something , somewhere else at that time, but there will be as usual Larian folks, who would gladly sign the copies.
I already have a signatures from Swen and others on stuff. You created that music, so it would be more valuable with your signature ;)

OK, so can we mark E3 in our agenda’s as a date for that announcement? :)

Hum. Would have been nice. One of the reason i'm on the fence with buying a pass for thursday is a few of the things I wnat to see are not going to be shown to the public (such as underworld demo). I presume press pass would have allowed me to view it :)

You could have registered as a media representative of RPGWatch. It is too late now unfortunately :)
You should trigger me earlier next year and we see to have you set up with a free press pass. It would require you to write something we can publish after the event.

Back
Top Bottom