Kingdom Come - Banned in Australia

I am not keen on the idea of big brother watching over everything and making sure everyone experiences life as if living in Walt Disney. Makes me think of some brain washed culture where everyone is controlled to be super happy and never experiences anything bad. Take out violence, sex, drugs, negative emotions, and all bad stuff from movies, books, games, art … just good wholesome safe fun for everyone!

Sounds like 1950's America. Glad I was born in 1969 and didn't have to live in that snooze fest.

Think I will go watch The Boys over My Three Sons.

But we have to protect the kids, they are the future. I don't care about your kids I'm the NOW ;)

I'm grateful that Australians get to see the jiggly bits in action. It should be a world-right :)

I love threads like this. Here, reddit, other forums etc.
The oxymoronic hypocrisy of the whole issue compared with clamping down on free speech is hilarious to me.

As long as its the 'right' content, it shouldn't be censored....

I love threads like this. Here, reddit, other forums etc.
The oxymoronic hypocrisy of the whole issue compared with clamping down on free speech is hilarious to me.

As long as its the 'right' content, it shouldn't be censored….

What is the oxymoron here? I don't necessarily see why it is hypocritical to say that some things should be banned, and others not - that's just a question of opinion and where we draw the line. If someone were saying that free speech should be absolute, and then making exceptions for their own sensitivities, that would be hypocritical. But to say we should allow this, but not that, is just a values debate, and not a matter of hypocrisy.

Last edited:
All censorship conversations are values debates. All restrictions on free speech are value debates. The humor is literally in watching people argue ferociously for unlimited freedom and lack of censorship in one forum citing moral standards have no place in society. Then…. watching them flip stances in other mediums arguing for censorship and restrictions (although they use other terminology to create a pretend mental barrier in their mind) because they don't like what's being shown or said.

The hypocrisy I was referring to is based on the literal definition of hypocrisy.
Essentially to claim to have a moral standard when actions speak contrary.

Oxymoron referring to Free Speech. It's not free, therefore literal definition of oxymoron.

Not here to argue with you on this one. It's an inescapable facet of human nature, it's just humorous when I come into contact with it.

The humor is literally in watching people argue ferociously for unlimited freedom and lack of censorship in one forum citing moral standards have no place in society. Then…. watching them flip stances in other mediums arguing for censorship and restrictions (although they use other terminology to create a pretend mental barrier in their mind) because they don't like what's being shown or said.

Do you see this occurring around here? I can't think of anyone round here arguing for free speech absolutism, and then contradicting themselves on specific issues.

Oxymoron referring to Free Speech. It's not free, therefore literal definition of oxymoron.

No, that's not what an oxymoron is.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance has been banned in Australia due to the Womens Lot DLC.
Post has changed to:

The Classification Board's database was showing KINGDOM COME DELIVERANCE as banned in Australia under the International Age Rating Coalition (IARC) when we tweeted on Tuesday. It has now been downgraded to R18+.

Is it the sexual content or the violence or a bit of both? I know in a lot of (non-usa) countries the violence can cause more issues than sexual content (sexual violence, drug violence, cruel behavior, ...); then again in places like china it can be rebel behavior, and in middle east - well it wont' take much to get banned in the middle east - simple suggestion of free will for women.

Post has changed to:

That would VERY much depend on what part of the Middle East you're in, You.

I'm not sure what part specifically got them the high rating. All I know is that horrible woman led me on for weeks then, once she had her way with me, would no longer put two sentences together for me. I'm just another notch on her barn door... <sniff>

Back
Top Bottom