Crimson Tactics - Announced

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The tactical RPG Crimson Tactics: The Rise of The White Banner has been announced. A demo is available and a dev-livestream is planned for today:

Crimson Tactics: The Rise of The White Banner

Crimson Tactics: The Rise of The White Banner is a classical turn-based tactical RPG. It is set in a medieval high fantasy world and unfolds an action-packed mature political story on the continent of Xenthania. Experience the fate of an entire kingdom through the lives of the characters tied together by destiny.

The kingdom of Wendalle is peaceful but divided. It is weak and isolated. Wendalle is barely standing on one leg when it faces a new and devastating threat- an invasion by a strong and fanatic empire.

To make things worse, the king's closest friend and confidant betrays him and paves the path for the invasion. Since the king has no heir, the traitor plans to take over the throne by claiming that this is to unite his motherland. Is his claim true? Or is he just a puppet of the empire?

Just when all hope seems to be lost, an unknown warrior comes forth with his allies and reshapes Wendalle's future.

Crimson Tactics is strongly influenced by games like Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics Ogre and yet it stands on its own as a worthy spiritual successor to those classics. It also brings in new improvements and additions to the tactics genre:

• The game features a complex class system with over twenty-five classes.
  • Players can choose and use from over two hundred abilities.
  • Recruit story characters with unique classes, weapons and abilities.
  • Combat features an extensive weapon system where players can mix and match from hundreds of different kinds of weapons for a more epic experience.
  • A unique mounting system that has mounts ranging from horses to dragons, with each having its own advantages and disadvantages.
  • Battles take place on grid based maps.
More information.

Sounds deep and enjoyable to me!! And evoking such past fantastic games like Final Fantasy: Tactics and Tactics: Ogre only makes it even more appealing.

I can't believe we're in an age where maybe there are too many tactics games to play! Never thought I'd see the day that was an issue on PC. Love it!

I can't believe we're in an age where maybe there are too many tactics games to play! Never thought I'd see the day that was an issue on PC. Love it!
I've been saying this for years already. It's not just tactic games either.:lol:

I can't believe we're in an age where maybe there are too many tactics games to play!

Yeah!! Tactics games.. And Souls-likes as well :D :D :D

And few years ago the trend was Zombie games :p :p

Haha, yeah, it is true that we're pretty spoiled for choice now in all kinds of genres. I've given up thinking I'll ever actually get to play all the games in my wish list (becasue it keeps getting bigger, not smaller). Ah, first world problems. :biggrin:

So far, kind of pretty, but the combat is dull as hell.

Maybe as you level and get more abilities it gets better, but I have doubts here.

I'll play thru later and update if it gets better.

Edit: More fun as more units join, kings riding dragons--how original !

Still seems clunky and most of my units all have the same abilities.

I dunno…

Last edited:

Maybe as you level and get more abilities it gets better, but I have doubts here.

I dunno…

Yeah, my sentiments exactly, though I only put a short time in the demo.

I dunno…

Well said! Lame graphics, lame combat. Big three headed hydra takes a deep breath and... spits out a lame mini whirlwind.. AAAAAARRGHH..

Back to Pool of Radiance on Amiga.

Back
Top Bottom