S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 - Delayed to 2023

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
PCGamer has discovered that S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 had been delayed to 2023:

Stalker 2 delayed until 2023

Development on Stalker 2: Heart of Chornobyl recently resumed, after being paused in February following the Russian invasion of Ukraine. Studio GSC Game World was based in Kyiv but has had to help its staff and their families relocate, during which period it also changed the game's name: hit's now Stalker 2: Heart of Chornobyl, reflecting the Ukrainian spelling of the region.

The game was still scheduled for a December launch though, given the circumstances, this seemed increasingly optimistic. At the Xbox and Bethesda showcase last night, a slide near the end of the presentation listing games coming out over the next 12 months showed Stalker 2 as now being down for a 2023 release.

[...]
Thanks Redglyph!

More information.

For some reason I thought they already announced this before. Maybe because I just assumed it was happening anyways.

I'm not disappointed by this like I am with a lot of other delays. Considering the circumstances, I'm glad they're about to continue development at all.

Yeah, as if nobody saw that incoming! :(

I even believe no AAA game will be released this year yet. Either all of them were already scheduled to be released next year or had their releases postponed.

Yeah, as if nobody saw that incoming! :(

I even believe no AAA game will be released this year yet. Either all of them were already scheduled to be released next year or had their releases postponed.

God of War 2 is supposed to be this November. We'll see.

Overall though, yeah. It started so promisingly in February (Horizon, Elden Ring, Dying Light 2 for those who liked it), but the cupboard is looking increasingly bare. It's another indie year.

God of War 2 is supposed to be this November. We'll see.

Overall though, yeah. It started so promisingly in February (Horizon, Elden Ring, Dying Light 2 for those who liked it), but the cupboard is looking increasingly bare. It's another indie year.

I forgot about GoW 2, thanks! But yeah, it remains to be seen :)

Little store shenanigans due to the delay.

[...]
We had to postpone the release date after the war started — we announced it as 2023 during Microsoft’s Extended E3 Show. Microsoft refunds the pre-orders for the games with no exact release date — that’s a proper procedure. The game will be available for pre-order on Xbox as soon as we announce the exact release date. Dec 23 is analogue of placeholder until we’re ready to share the new release date publicly. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 releases sometime in 2023 as for now.
[...]

Back
Top Bottom