S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 - Offical Trailer

Is the original (Russian) name of the area Chernobyl or Chornobyl?

Can't say I was impressed by that, but I'm still hoping this turns out good. I really need to play through the original trilogy. I've only played SoC.

@henriquejr; Chornobyl is apparently the Ukrainian spelling.

Uncut gameplay is all i care for nowadays.. But looks pretty for whatever that's worth.

Is the original (Russian) name of the area Chernobyl or Chornobyl?

The Russian spelling is Чернобыль, so closer to Chernobyl (I don't know about the pronunciation). EDIT: the Ukrainian spelling is Чорнобиль, for some reason it's not the same.

They changed it 3 months ago to the Ukrainian spelling after the invasion and supposedly as a consequence, though I saw no official statement about it (see here).

dont see shit, guess i need to wait till nightfall to see this video

As I expected, and this cinematic lends even more weight - Stalker 2 appears to be a remake of the original. This opening is exactly the same as the crash from the first.

Not the best quality for a trailer, but since render trailers are pretty much meaningless anyway, I don't care much. Still hopeful for the game, the first one was really nice.

It has been a unique experience to watch the really good STALKER-themed movies, then see the PC game being made and its development hell drama over the years, without actually playing STALKER 1. Then seeing the STALKER 2 trailer. :D

Back
Top Bottom