General News - Final Fantasy XVI announced for the PS5

Obviously very different from any previous FF game with the shift from party-based to a single character. Could be good though if it's open-world with some decent exploration.
FF15 already has singlecharacter parts and each party member also has their own episode (IIRC these episodes were DLC on consoles).

While it was fine as short parts of a game, if you ask me, I don't like it. FF games are not supposed to be nostory Skyrim.
Either we'll get no chatty or the lead will go loco like Shepard in Arrival and then talk to himself all the time.

FF15 already has singlecharacter parts and each party member also has their own episode (IIRC these episodes were DLC on consoles).

While it was fine as short parts of a game, if you ask me, I don't like it. FF games are not supposed to be nostory Skyrim.
Either we'll get no chatty or the lead will go loco like Shepard in Arrival and then talk to himself all the time.

That's not the same as playing a single character for the entire game. If that indeed turns out to be the case, they'll need a greater emphasis on exploration and interesting locations imo for the game to be successful.

Whatever man, it seems that FF16 will do exactly what they failed with in FF15.
FF15 was supposed to be a tragedy and you can't do a proper tragedy in silly "dumbed down because kids" crap. God only knows why Square Enix was too scared to make it M for mature.

https://wccftech.com/final-fantasy-xvi-m-rated-18-rated/
Ei4XJkxWsAA5S-F

PEGI18.
Provisional, yes, but here's hope it remains with the release.

One of comments:
Final Fantasy XV: GTA
Final Fantasy XVI: The Witcher
:thumbup:

I am not thrilled about going single character and full action, but I'll keep an open mind and wait. I liked Nier Automata, so there is hope still.

I am not thrilled about going single character and full action, but I'll keep an open mind and wait. I liked Nier Automata, so there is hope still.

Miracles can happen, but Yoko Taro is more creative than the next 20 JPRG directors put together (not including From games or Yakuza if you count those as JPRGs).

Back
Top Bottom