C2077 Cyberpunk 2077 - First-Person Poll

Cyberpunk 2077

Cyberpunk 2077 First-Person Perspective?

• Total voters
You don't spit them?
Amateur… :p

By other, Couchpotato is probably meaning isometric view or… 2nd person view ???? :p

Well I meant I like combination of the two, depending on situation, but I'd always go with only one that works better for gameplay/combat.
I think that's the reason why Japanese games are generally better at Third person, Western for First Person gameplay.
Their animations/cultural influence is heavily manga stylized, simply looks "cooler" with ton of flashy, visual effects, prioritize responsiveness over "realism".

Neutral. Both can be awesome. In a few cases, 3rd person may even improve immersion, simply because you are more conscious of how your character looks and behaves.

Third-person has been around and popular as long as first-person if not longer.

If you consider the first computer game (Spacewar!) it can probably called 3rd person.

If we leave the field of computer games and consider games in general, I guess first person has been around longer, pretty much until someone invented board games… ? I dunno.

I can't play FP RPG's because they are always more shooter to me than RPG. I've tried playing System Shock and Deus Ex and I can't do it. UU is literally impossible to play, but that's for control reasons.

I can't play FP RPG's because they are always more shooter to me than RPG.
So you hate Skyrim and FO3 because of perspective and not because bugs?
I guess it's a matter of taste for some…

Loved Skyrim for the great game that it is and it has very few bugs

Did not like FO3. Quit after a few hours of play.

Both I played in 3P

But you should quit while you are ahead - you're the one that plays JRPG's.

I do. Some. Some will never appear on my PC.
The reason I don't want to touch some jRPGs is the same I don't want to touch some non jRPGs. Excessive grinding, checkpoints atrocity and unbearable k/m mapping. Regardless of perspective used.

Oh and yeah, all the crap escaped from Nintendo Gameboy to PC that gets everyone excited in past few years? Ports of that garbage will never be allowed on my HDD/SDD. Even if my life depended on it. Again, regardless of perspective. It's all scam where victims suffer from Stockholm syndrome.

Well I admit to playing Skyrim in FP sometimes when it felt like it made sense to do that. I certainly love blobbers too and I had no trouble with Grimrock.

Its just if my experience feels too much like Shooter and not enough RPG I don't like it. Deus Ex and System Shock 2 both do that to me.

I do like the occasional mobile port and there's a certain charm to Zelda when played on gameboy or console. Obviously, I ran a PW for 6 years. I would probably even like a JRPG if it was done right.

These are the exceptions to the rule for me - and it sounds like the same for you when it comes JRPGs. I can't see why you are unable to to enjoy a mobile port when it does work. We know that the biggest problem is lazy ports - this has been happening since Donkey Kong on Atari. My tin hat told me Coleco deliberately made a lousy port to make their own console look better.

Back
Top Bottom