Is Drakensang an Indie game or not ?

I'm reading everything here, but I don't think I'd comment right now. (Except this one, of course. :D )

I just wanted to learn how Drakensang is considered internationally, - and against the "magical word" "AAA".

I agree in general but I don't consider DAO failed in this at all. The gameplay isn't simple, the fights are very rude for many beginners, if after to have played once the game I know enough tricks to almost never lost a fight, that was a quite different picture the first time I played it. I haven't died in a CRPG so much since a very long time.

Also the game didn't failed into the standard design flaws that many young kids enjoy a lot like ton of magical objects.

Well that's because I don't think DAO was being developed as a AAA title. Originally it was a PC only game so falling more in the 2nd group. It was only after EA's acquisition that it exploded, and luckily, maintained the original difficulty.

Well that's because I don't think DAO was being developed as a AAA title. Originally it was a PC only game so falling more in the 2nd group. It was only after EA's acquisition that it exploded, and luckily, maintained the original difficulty.

I doubt that. Bioware has always made AAA games. They're way too big to make cheaper games.

I doubt that. Bioware has always made AAA games. They're way too big to make cheaper games.

Well, maybe it's more of their attempt to say "We can still make them like we used to!", so in a way, it's more of an exception to the rule.

Back
Top Bottom