Queen's Wish - Last Days

We can only imagine what funds he would have obtained had this been an attempt at really changing and upgrading the entire platform of the game.
My guess: the exact same funds he did get. His games are a niche of a niche. People who like him support him.

Your guess would be wrong. I would have thrown much more money than I did, had the proposed revamps been more ambitious. From what I hear from at least a few others, I wouldn't have been the only one.

I actually didn't back at all. I just didn't see the purpose. The graphics shown on the kickstarter didn't impress me, the kickstarter entry was the same price as his new games without a discount, it was apparent very early that he would fund, and the expansion stretch goals were reached very early. If he had really ramped up his engine and graphics, or for example like many kickstarters started at 75% the new game price, I probably would have backed.

I really did sit there considering for about twenty minutes before I finally anted up for the project. In the end, my disappoint over the presentation was overwhelmed by my overall satisfaction with Spiderweb as a gaming company and community, along with all of their products.

I actually didn't back at all. I just didn't see the purpose. The graphics shown on the kickstarter didn't impress me, the kickstarter entry was the same price as his new games without a discount, it was apparent very early that he would fund, and the expansion stretch goals were reached very early. If he had really ramped up his engine and graphics, or for example like many kickstarters started at 75% the new game price, I probably would have backed.
By buying the game via Kickstarter, a lot more of your money goes straight to Jeff Vogel instead of being taken by the platform (KS, Steam, GOG, etc). That's enough reason for me.

Edit: though I just noticed, Spiderweb still lets you buy games direct on their website? Thought they stopped doing that.

I'm glad he got more funds but as other said the graphics do not look better then Avadon. I'll probably buy this on some cheap sale or bundle in the next few years.

Last edited:
I don't understand why people that dislike the graphics supported him, since his entire reason for crowdfunding was to change the graphics.

It's not like he's gonna revert to the old graphics if the Kickstarter failed.
Or do you really think he would?

It's not like he's gonna revert to the old graphics if the Kickstarter failed.
Or do you really think he would?

It's possible, but that's not the point. Why support a decline of quality to begin with? It's not like his past games needed crowdfunding, and this project is hardly ambitious.

Well, as I tried to say earlier, if you support Jeff Vogel and his games, then it's obviously better to back on KS than buy via Steam or GOG, as Jeff gets a much larger % of the money via KS.

On the other hand, I guess you can still buy his games from spiderwebsoftware.com, too. Maybe KS isn't any better than that.

This guy always struck me as "indie businessman" first and passionate developer a very distant second.

Not that I don't empathise with that position. I mean, it's a personal dream of mine to be able to support myself developing games.

My only hope is, if I manage to do that - I will have a little more vision and ambition as I become established.

Last edited:
Finished at $98,992, just short of that sound stretch goal. I bet he does it anyway.

They should choose to complete the stretch goal, at least I hope they do. As for why people supported this venture, the track record of the company speaks volumes towards that. The risk factor in this prospect is practically nonexistent.

Back
Top Bottom