The Fall of '76

vurt

serial 𝓶𝓸𝓭𝓭&#12004
Maybe it's posted already somewhere here.. didnt do a proper search..

I don't care too much about this game which means i haven't followed it very closely. I know there's been controversy surrounding it, had no idea it was this extreme though. This is absolutely crazy, must be perhaps THE worst fuck up of all times (for a PC game) in terms of how they handled it.

Really recommend you to watch it even if you arent interested in the game itself.

Did you hear that Vurt? It has sixteen times the detail than one of yore flora overhauls! ;)

Thank you Bethesda: some of best entertainment, without paying a dime for it.
What did D'art say:

"It's like a 200 hours long System Shock!"

( That should go onto it's cover)

The latest controversy is they charge you in-game bottle cap taxes on virtual stores.:lol:

Did you hear that Vurt? It has sixteen times the detail than one of yore flora overhauls! ;)

Thank you Bethesda: some of best entertainment, without paying a dime for it.
What did D'art say:

"It's like a 200 hours long System Shock!"

( That should go onto it's cover)

wat? he hates system shock or he likes them and found them comparable? that's nuts. i'm glad he's out (lol).

"sixteen-fuckin-times-the-detail-motherfuckers!" that should be on the cover. In comic sans.

What would surprise me more is anyone that thought such an idea could or would succeed. The premise was doomed to failure from conception. Instead of embracing all the strong parts of previous iterations, they went a completely different route and reaped the benefits. We do not kneel to what you think is a good change, here endeth the lesson.

A brief note:
FO76 is mmo. It's not general RPG regardless of anyone's wishes.

Quite funny. Still want the next TES.

A brief note:
FO76 is mmo. It's not general RPG regardless of anyone's wishes.

Yes, you are right but according to Bethesda, it is a RPG. The detail is important since they are developing other games and they see that crap as a model for the future.

Similarily according to Ubisoft, Division is RPG.
It's false advertising and it's fake news. Aimed only to make more sales.
The audience, hopefully, knows better.

Bethesda will NOT be using Fallout 76 as a model for the future! Whatever plans they had before, a big failure like this will turn a company around very, very quickly.

I don't know, man. It's like watching poor television shows, even when fans revolt en masse, the people behind the scenes often still don't get it. Just to THINK this had a chance of success shows such poor judgement I question their ability to tie their shoes on properly.

So much of this - from their knackered engine, to their "rewards" that look like stuff people hand out in the street - just comes down to penny-pinching.

Am I only one that thinks Todd kind of looks like a serial killer? He has that cold, calculating, soulless look in his eyes, with a smile-not-really-a-smile.
Gives me the creeps.

Bethesda will NOT be using Fallout 76 as a model for the future! Whatever plans they had before, a big failure like this will turn a company around very, very quickly.

By turn around, you mean they'll fall back on Gamebryo 6.0 while anyone playing Cyberpunk laughs at them.

Last edited:

You are right there, and EA will not destroy every gaming they have and will buy.

Micro transaction will not be apart of almost every game…

And play to win is just a faze.

I have said this many times...I liked Skyrim for only one reason i could go off and just explore...there was no RPG to the game....the Story was weak at best....

Videos like this are very entertaining. Enough so that they're evidently still being made. It's all very exaggerated, though.

I started playing some time in the first week but it was after the 45GB day1 patch. I never saw any of the graphics issues from early in the video. Technically it went alright with a few zone events bugging out but the world is big enough that you just move on to another event.

As for people who are stupid enough to buy editions that come with junk like toy helmets, canvas bags and rum bottles - you should know better! Fan merchandise is always cheap shit made in China. You're a fucking idiot if you buy that crap.

My F76 experience was exactly like any Bethesda game after Morrowind. Wander around aimlessly, loot things, shoot things, spend half my time making bag space in a console inventory, then quit and play something else.

The graphics issue is probably the least controversial issue though, it's the other 50+ things..

Fan merchandise which is advertised as one thing and sold as something completely different (different material, looks etc) - that will obviously always cause a stir-up, and no, not all merchandise is like that at all.. i have some and it's high quality (figurines and whatnot).

Wow. Couple observations here:

1) The bravest man in the world will be Todd Howard the next time he's thrown out on stage to pitch a new game.

2) The sleazy, greasy corporate con jobs of the game industry get called out by obsessive fanboys/girls quite often and quite well. Fallout 76 fell flat because gamers listened to each other when enough people said the game was shit.

But a game can't hurt or kill you. I just think of how many sleaze jobs we never hear about from corporations who make our food, medications, etc. They get away with shit you wouldn't believe with no million+ subscriber YouTube outrage.

Back
Top Bottom