Quest for Glory IV - Enhanced - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Quest for Glory IV - Enhanced

Default Quest for Glory IV - Enhanced

November 10th, 2021, 05:11
IndieRetroNews reports on an enhanced edition of Quest for Glory IV.

Yes indeed welcome to QFG4 Enhanced 1.1; A new update to the game which features tons of bugfixes and improvements, including but not limited to, over an hour of lost audio by the narrator, John Rhys-Davies which can now be heard as intended including death screens, all dead ends removed, annoying bugs fixed including bone cage and the paladin honor shield, improved sounds, cut encounters restored, death sequences restored, and much much you'll just have to play to experience for yourselves!

[…]
More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)

November 10th, 2021, 07:30
The headline is a little confusing. What does this have to do with the other Quest for Glory games?

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 135 Post(s)

November 10th, 2021, 07:54
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
The headline is a little confusing. What does this have to do with the other Quest for Glory games?
Thats the way the games are sold on GOG. I've edited the headline for clarity.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

+1:

November 10th, 2021, 08:07
While I wanted to love this one as it probably had the most appealing graphics of the series, I found it to be inferior to most of the other games. QfG1&2 remain my favourites flowed closely by 3. I think it was just too small and I disliked the combat.
--
Favourite RPGs of all time: Wizardry 6, Ultima 7/7.2, Fallout2, Planescape Torment, Baldurs Gate 2+TOB, Jagged Alliance 2, Ravenloft: The stone prophet, Gothic 2, Realms of Arkania:Blade of destiny (not the HD version!!) and Secret of the Silver Blades.

bjon045

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

November 10th, 2021, 13:36
Time to replay. Best QfG game and best adventure/rpg mix of all times. Always loved how many skills had its use in combat and in puzzle solving as well. Would like to see that in more RPGs too.

Andrew23

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

November 10th, 2021, 18:32
I loved them all and really need to revisit this series yet again, as it's been far too long. Great games with awesome memories!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)

November 10th, 2021, 20:10
I never played them. I think, only the very last game was ever translated into German language.

I have bought the, via GOG, though. Still on my "waiting for playing" list.
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)

November 11th, 2021, 00:15
Played them all through with each class. Great memories. I bought my first 286 just so I could play QfG 2 since it wouldn't run on anything less!!
--
If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)

November 11th, 2021, 02:40
I also played qfg2 on a 286 in glorious EGA! I played 1 on a 8088 in monochrome!
--
Favourite RPGs of all time: Wizardry 6, Ultima 7/7.2, Fallout2, Planescape Torment, Baldurs Gate 2+TOB, Jagged Alliance 2, Ravenloft: The stone prophet, Gothic 2, Realms of Arkania:Blade of destiny (not the HD version!!) and Secret of the Silver Blades.

bjon045

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

November 11th, 2021, 04:31
Nod Corwin, I remember also having to upgrade my system for at least one of those games. They were cutting edge at the time, believe it or not.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
+1:

November 11th, 2021, 05:38
I'd play it through scummvm as the developers there have fixed alot of original scripting bugs in addition to what this patch provides.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

November 12th, 2021, 01:12
A bit off topic, but still within the series. Did anyone play through the AGD Interactive remake of QfG II? I'm considering replaying the series (among a ton of other games on my list!) and wondering if it's worth it or stick to the original.
--
---------------------------------

"Ya'll can go to HELL! I'm-a-goin' to TEXAS!"

- Davy Crockett

blatantninja

Resident Redneck Facist

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

November 12th, 2021, 05:52
Originally Posted by blatantninja View Post
A bit off topic, but still within the series. Did anyone play through the AGD Interactive remake of QfG II? I'm considering replaying the series (among a ton of other games on my list!) and wondering if it's worth it or stick to the original.
I've played it and I would consider it worthwhile althrough I still prefer the original. The combat is more challenging but you can set the difficulty of that. Also you can choose between parser and point and click conversation options or have both available if you like. And also you can choose the complexity of the city maze.

I think the graphics upgrade is nice enough and the music tracks have been redone and extended.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

November 12th, 2021, 19:24
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
I've played it and I would consider it worthwhile althrough I still prefer the original. The combat is more challenging but you can set the difficulty of that. Also you can choose between parser and point and click conversation options or have both available if you like. And also you can choose the complexity of the city maze.

I think the graphics upgrade is nice enough and the music tracks have been redone and extended.
Also played it some years ago and it was definitely worth my time so I can only recommend it.

Andrew23

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Quest for Glory IV - Enhanced