Call of Saregnar - New Demo Version

There was an old demo version?

Got this installed tonight, but I'm too tired to play much. I'll give some impressions tomorrow.

I just finished the demo. There isn't a ton of content, but what's there is promising. It's basically a more modern version of Betrayal at Krondor. Wishlisted.

I just finished the demo. There isn't a ton of content, but what's there is promising. It's basically a more modern version of Betrayal at Krondor. Wishlisted.

How many hours would you estimate on the demo?

How many hours would you estimate on the demo?

Steam says I played it for 2.1 hours, but you could easily finish it sooner. It doesn't actually have an ending. You just get to a certain point on the map and are told you can't go further in the demo. There only only a few quests, not all of which can be completed, and I think 2 combat encounters.

It's a small download too. Only 550MB.

Yep, thanks, actually just finished the demo and completed everything there is. Took pretty much exactly 2h with reading out loud everything.
As you mentioned 2 combat encounters and 2 quests you can complete.

In case anyone is interested but doesnt want to play him/herself:
Id a full playthrough in English:

And then again a almost full playthrough in English, summarizing all the texts:

Whoa, saying this is a more modern version of Betrayal at Krondor is seriously high praise. On that alone I'll be reading any article that I come across on this game.

Gave the demo a try. Works fine on linux. The fighting was a little goofy, I had to corner this ranged dude and beat him to death. He stopped running away after that. Overall it has a good vibe, I'll be watching and waiting to see how it develops.

D8606443B0A41580D804FB2C0889303BD495B044

Yeah, the fight was anything but tactical unfortunately.
That said, what I didnt realize at first is:
Your movement speed is depending on your characters health or stamina.
You can actually attack when moving. But you have to click on the enemy right away.
One of your dudes has ranged attacks, the other can cast.

And with that this corner example shouldnt actually happen. With your spells you can turn him into dust in turn 1.

Back
Top Bottom