What games are you playing now? - Page 720 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?

Default What games are you playing now?

December 15th, 2021, 10:55
Now then. So many AAA releases, so much disappointment (you know who you are)
Therefore, a niche indie game is in order, and Nox Archaist (Apple2 - what?!) fits the bill nicely.

This is as retro as it gets.
The game is an Ultima clone, running on an emulated Apple2.
If you understand this sentence, you will be in for a treat -- if you are confused, just skip it.

Kudos to 6502 Workshop, well done!

duerer

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

December 15th, 2021, 11:12
Bought a month of GFN, so gonna start a replay of cyberpunk til the steam sales pop in a week
--
Steam
Favorite game Witcher 3/Gothic 2

Lolozaur

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

December 20th, 2021, 22:33
I'm in the final stretch of Far Cry New Dawn and still enjoying it. Not sure I've ever played a game that's this much better than the user-reviews would have had you believe.

I like it more than Far Cry 5. The story and characters aren't as good, but I think the exploration is more interesting, and there's a lot more variety to the weapons.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 135 Post(s)

December 20th, 2021, 23:25
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I'm in the final stretch of Far Cry New Dawn and still enjoying it. Not sure I've ever played a game that's this much better than the user-reviews would have had you believe.
That's good to know. I burnt out a little on Far Cry after No. 5, but still bought New Dawn on account of it being post the apocalypse and thinking it looked okay from the trailers.

Might get around to it very soon, after Code Vein has finished spanking me.
--
Proud leader of the Shit Games Liberation Front
All your shit games are belong to us

FIRST KNIGHT OF THE ORDER OF THE BLOB

Shagnak

SGLF Founder

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

December 21st, 2021, 15:10
Im in the middle of my first replay of pathfinder kingmaker, game is long af ha. Hoping to get the second in the steam sales, so i will be in the mood for the sequel.
--
Steam
Favorite game Witcher 3/Gothic 2

Lolozaur

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

December 22nd, 2021, 07:13
Originally Posted by Shagnak View Post
That's good to know. I burnt out a little on Far Cry after No. 5, but still bought New Dawn on account of it being post the apocalypse and thinking it looked okay from the trailers.
I was initially afraid that playing FC5 and New Dawn back to back would get stale, but New Dawn is different enough that it's stayed entertaining. Plus I like the way the stories and characters tie together.

I'm considering playing Far Cry: Blood Dragon next.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

December 22nd, 2021, 13:44
I'm trying Encased now. It's difficult for the game to please me after my all in all great experience with Pathfinder: WotR. Encased has of course a lower budget so I need to lower my expectations.
What I can already say is that Fallout-like settings will never be my favorite. It's just so… dreary and somehow worn-out.
However I love that with Psionics they included a kind of magic!
--
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
- George Bernard Shaw

Currently playing: Black Geyser

Morrandir

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)

December 22nd, 2021, 18:42
I'm still making my way through God Wars: the Complete Legend. In one town I've found some complex labyrinth that has progressive levels for you to explore, so after building up my third squad so far in this game, I'm about six rooms in and wondering what might be next after this!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)

December 22nd, 2021, 19:11
I've been playing through Wildermyth and enjoying a lot more than I expected. I'm almost through with the last named campaign.

Heartily recommend it.

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)

December 23rd, 2021, 23:29
Played Far Cry: Blood Dragon for a couple of hours last night before uninstalling it.

Talk about a game that hasn't aged well. Besides looking really ugly after playing more recent games in the series, it also feels sluggish by comparison.

I think it's time for a genre switch.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

+1:

December 24th, 2021, 00:58
Gotten a couple of hours into Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous and absolutely loving it so far. I hadn't played the first one in spite of backing it and therefore owning it since forever (not sure I ever even installed it!). I had mentioned the Mac bugs, and there are a few - but the performance on the base M1 MacBook Air (no discreteGPU, no fan) is simply stellar. Chose the Paladin class which allows for loads of role-playing that I am enjoying - and plenty of negative reactions from those around me!
--
-- Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

December 24th, 2021, 05:51
Played Far Cry: Blood Dragon for a couple of hours last night before uninstalling it.

Talk about a game that hasn't aged well. Besides looking really ugly after playing more recent games in the series, it also feels sluggish by comparison.

I think it's time for a genre switch.
Completely get your take on it after you played more recent games in the series. But the game hadn't "aged well" when it was originally released. It was supposed to be a throwback to 80's action flicks using the FarCry3 engine. Cutscenes were intentionally pixelated and blocky to capture that.

If you can accept that, the core game is pretty good. I personally loved it on account of having grown up on the types of films it parodies. Having said that, I've never managed to finish it due to the save game system being wonky. Keep meaning to go back to it…maybe this year over Christmas…yeah, probably not. Nostalgia only takes me so far when I have so many other games to dig in to.

DarkWunder

Traveler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

December 26th, 2021, 05:10
I started playing Desolate today. It's a survival RPG with a mix of horror and post-apoc.

The setting is pretty cool, and I really want to like it, but the survival aspects started getting on my nerves almost immediately. I don't mind having a hunger and thirst system, but I don't like when you have to eat and drink every few minutes just to keep from losing health. Not sure if I'm going to stick with this one.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

December 26th, 2021, 19:14
I finally had my fill of God Wars, tromping through some never-ending labyrinth just got to be un-fun, so I started playing a game I received as a gift a few weeks back, Legend of Amberland. It reminds me of some of the better M&M games, I've only clocked a few hours in so far yet I'm enjoying the absolute heck out of it!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)

December 28th, 2021, 12:23
We are continuing our Wildermyth journey - half way through the Eluna and the Moth campaign.

We heard a lot of good things about this module but so far its our least favourite. The pacing seems off, they are throwing a lot of enemies at us and the story seem so far is very wordy but failed to capture our attention.

@forgottenlor @Pladio Does it get more interesting from chapter 4? I remember we were luke warm on The Enduring War story until chapter 5 as well.

Edit: I love how we get to name our adventure party btw. Our first team was The Killtaculars. The second was The Wild Myth. Our current one is The Bree Brees (love the sound those spirits make lol)
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate 2, Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale

purpleblob1

Princess

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)

December 28th, 2021, 16:08
I started playing Desolate today. It's a survival RPG with a mix of horror and post-apoc.
Have you tried SCUM, @JDR13?

I believe it's on sale if you haven't.
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut
aka survivalnut

crpgnut

Survival Game Nut
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)

December 28th, 2021, 17:40
Archolos, it's got me addicted.

fragonard

Sentinel

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

December 28th, 2021, 22:05
So I shelved Encased for the moment (it just couldn't grab be atm being spoiled by Wotr), so I'm currently playing Medieval Dynasty. Never played such a slow game before. Just building up your village and doing some errand quests. It's really fun playing with the smaller permanent room mates.
--
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
- George Bernard Shaw

Currently playing: Black Geyser

Morrandir

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)

December 28th, 2021, 22:15
Originally Posted by crpgnut View Post
Have you tried SCUM, @JDR13?
Not yet. The world looks impressive in that one. I'm kind of backed-up with games atm though. I see you've got a ton of hours in it.

Really enjoying XCOM 2 right now. It's one of those "Why did I wait so long to play this?" games.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

December 28th, 2021, 22:18
Not yet. The world looks impressive in that one. I'm kind of backed-up with games atm though. I see you've got a ton of hours in it.

Really enjoying XCOM 2 right now. It's one of those "Why did I wait so long to play this?" games.
I told you so

I actually told everyone here so
--
Sou tricolor de coração!

Sie sind das Essen und Wir sind die Jäger!

henriquejr

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
+1:
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?