General News - Top 10 Most Anticipated RPGs of 2022 @ Fextralife - Page 2 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » General News - Top 10 Most Anticipated RPGs of 2022 @ Fextralife

Default General News - Top 10 Most Anticipated RPGs of 2022 @ Fextralife

December 31st, 2021, 13:49
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Two rules to remember you can only pick three games each for the RPGWatch GOTY and for most anticipated of 2022. So those are the rules and longer lists will disqualify you.

My GOTY Picks
  1. Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
  2. ATOM RPG Trudograd
  3. Cyberpunk 2077
Most anticipated for 2022
  1. Elex 2
  2. Starfield
  3. Urban Strife
Don't we have to pick them for the shortlist first?

Hey, I'm surprised you put Pathfinder in front of ATOM, I thought you'd have done the opposite. And right, I still have to play … both, actually. I haven't even seen ATOM: Trudograd yet.

Redglyph

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)

December 31st, 2021, 14:02
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I keep forgetting about Broken Roads. That and Monomyth have been flying under the radar.
To be fair there's not a lot of communication on Monomyth, undoubtedly because it's a single-person project (with external help in some areas). Sometimes there's a short update by Rat Tower on Twitter but that's not frequent.

I don't see how he could manage to have a full release in June 2022 (KS target), or even in 2022, but who knows.

Redglyph

SasqWatch

December 31st, 2021, 14:54
Originally Posted by Redglyph View Post
To be fair there's not a lot of communication on Monomyth, undoubtedly because it's a single-person project (with external help in some areas). Sometimes there's a short update by Rat Tower on Twitter but that's not frequent.

I don't see how he could manage to have a full release in June 2022 (KS target), or even in 2022, but who knows.
We'll see. I'd prefer he take his time rather than trying to meet a date that might have him rushing it. He seems to know what he's doing though.

I think there's a better chance we see Monomyth than the Gothic remake.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 135 Post(s)
+1:

December 31st, 2021, 15:44
PS: I think Mortismal Gaming has reached the end of what he could make a video of, and he's slowly getting out of his comfort zone to diversify a little bit.
I guess he have to keep building his viewer number. Bit of a shame.
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate 2, Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale

purpleblob1

Princess

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)

December 31st, 2021, 16:26
Originally Posted by purpleblob1 View Post
I guess he have to keep building his viewer number. Bit of a shame.
Yeah, maybe he switched to full-job streamer and needs to increase his subscriptions and income. There's definitely a change, and IMO, not always for the best. Hopefully he'll find a good balance and a better rhythm. He's normally very focused on stats, so he's good at talking about that.

He's not the only one to fight for audience, many others start releasing videos on about anything at some point, it seems. That's when the sponsored content starts to come in, the t-shirt shop, and then we know it's time to find another channel. (so callous of me to say so)

Redglyph

SasqWatch

December 31st, 2021, 18:56
Don't we have to pick them for the shortlist first?

Hey, I'm surprised you put Pathfinder in front of ATOM, I thought you'd have done the opposite. And right, I still have to play ƒ¢â€š¬‚¦ both, actually. I haven't even seen ATOM: Trudograd yet.
Not really the shortlist was started because of the complaining about certain games shouldn't be on the list. In the past you just picked three or wrote the game you wanted. Nowadays it's just more complicated because of how it's done.

At least we don't score games based on points or whether you completed it.

As for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous I have gripes about the game but you can't deny it was the most faithful RPG of the year compared to the rest of the competition.

What other game allows you to role-play so well? BG 3 but it's not releases yet.
--
Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.

Couchpotato

Rotten Potato

Mentioned: 164 Post(s)
+1:

December 31st, 2021, 23:35
Speaking of Monomyth, he released an update today. @Redglyph Maybe he heard you.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects…gistered_users

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

January 1st, 2022, 00:16
I’m only interested in the mainstream stuff from that list, i.e. BG3 and Starfield but both aren’t going to be 2022 games for me. I’ll wait for the complete editions in both cases so Starfield might become a 2024 game for me and BG3… Enhanced Edition… Definitive Edition… Definitive Edition Reloaded…. yeah, I’ll probably play it in 2028 or so

Moriendor

Pathological Liar
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

January 1st, 2022, 01:09
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Speaking of Monomyth, he released an update today. @Redglyph Maybe he heard you.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects…gistered_users
Never underestimate the reach of the Watch!

That's perfect, thanks! Let's squeeze a last nice news before next year (fireworks are already going off everywhere, it's a real battlefield )

Redglyph

SasqWatch

January 5th, 2022, 12:23
PCgamer also didn't manage to put Elex 2 to their 22 anticipated PCgames list:
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/the-22-mo…games-of-2022/

I guess it is for me if I wouldn't play the 20 games from the 22 long list.

Dafela

Watchdog

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

January 5th, 2022, 12:28
Originally Posted by Dafela View Post
PCgamer also didn't manage to put Elex 2 to their 22 anticipated PCgames list:
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/the-22-mo…games-of-2022/

I guess it is for me if I wouldn't play the 20 games from the 22 long list.
That's because Slime Rancher 2 is obviously much more intriguing.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » General News - Top 10 Most Anticipated RPGs of 2022 @ Fextralife