loading…

More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)

January 13th, 2022, 19:10
I have the first game from last summer, that I picked up on some really cheap sale yet haven't gotten around to playing as of yet. Likely it will be the next one up after I complete my journey through Troubleshooter.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)

January 13th, 2022, 19:15
Is it just me or does it kinda feel like you're supposed to drop acid before playing this?

SSIGuy

An Islander Returned

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

January 13th, 2022, 21:02
I played the first one and really enjoyed it. Its a Wizardry like game with some dating game elements that can be largely ignored. The Anime graphics and the way that the female characters (the blood maidens who basically make up all of the party with the exception of the one male protagonist) are portrayed won't be for everyone. It is trippy though. Your caught in a demonic underworld and the main characters have connections to fairy tales. That's part of the story though.

forgottenlor

Font of Useless Knowledge
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)

Default Known Issues

January 13th, 2022, 21:03
The devs have put a thread with known issues, just in case:

Spoiler

As well as these known issues, we also recommend that if you're having problems generally, please make sure all your drivers are up to date.

If you can't find a solution here please email support@ghostlight.uk.com with your Dxdiag and details of the problem you are experiencing.

Redglyph

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)

January 13th, 2022, 23:00
Gosh Forgottenlore, that's just the kind of tease I needed, now I'm likely to speed up playing the game I'm currently on to get to the first Mary Skelter sooner! That wizardry comparison got my goat.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

January 14th, 2022, 05:46
Originally Posted by SSIGuy View Post
Is it just me or does it kinda feel like you're supposed to drop acid before playing this?
You probably wouldn't like the game "Infinite Sunshine Dust" very much if Mary Skelter gave you that feeling.

It *was* a really bizarre game. I am trying to recall the beginning, something about being trapped in a living prison, and it's a JRPG. That is about all I can remember but that is making me want to play it again.
--
My mother said that dreams aren't real. But nightmares are.

FurtiveNyctophile

Sentinel

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

January 14th, 2022, 19:02
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
Gosh Forgottenlore, that's just the kind of tease I needed, now I'm likely to speed up playing the game I'm currently on to get to the first Mary Skelter sooner! That wizardry comparison got my goat.
There are some key differences. All the characters are set, though there are a few base classes, where the sub-class can be changed and customized as often as you like. You also have multiple characters of each base class by the end of the game, so you have by game end a lot of freedom about who you want in your party. Only the main character Jack is fix, but he is a unique support character. I would say its more forgiving than Wizardry in general as well, though there are some pretty difficult battles especially in the second half of the game. There is also a JRPG trippy story overlayed on the dungeon crawler.

Originally Posted by FurtiveNyctophile View Post
You probably wouldn't like the game "Infinite Sunshine Dust" very much if Mary Skelter gave you that feeling.

It *was* a really bizarre game. I am trying to recall the beginning, something about being trapped in a living prison, and it's a JRPG. That is about all I can remember but that is making me want to play it again.
Spoiler – Spoiler

forgottenlor

Font of Useless Knowledge
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)

January 14th, 2022, 22:47
It still sounds pretty tasty to me, I'm really looking forward to giving it a thorough testing!!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Mary Skelter 2 - Release Day