Wizardry: The Five Ordeals - Steam Early Access on Dec 17th

Redglyph

proud GASP member
59 Studio and Game*Spark Publishing announced that Wizardry: The Five Ordeals was coming to EA on Steam this Friday. Important note: Steam warns potential buyers that English is currently not supported.

"Wizardry: The Five Ordeals" Release Date and Notice of Change

Thank you for your continued support of "Wizardry: The Five Ordeals".

After many delays, we are pleased to announce that the Steam version of the game will be available for early access on December 17, 2021 at 9:00 (GMT). We hope you can rest assured that this decision is final.

Not to provide editors in steam, and future policy

Due to various reasons, we have decided not to distribute the editor in steam, at the same time as originally announced for this release. However, this decision does not mean that we disposal [sic, dispose of? - Ed.] the editor plan itself. We will continue to make every effort to release the "editor service" by the end of 2022, if possible.

that after changing the distribution method of editor and redeveloping the editor service in order to provide it with new and expanded functions without any discomfort to the old users. As a result, the previously announced Steam Workshop support for scenarios will be cancelled. (We may consider using the workshop for other purposes, such as distributing portraits by users)

[...]
More information.

Yet another Japanese copy-paste Wizardry game. When will we see a sequel to this series? Proper Wizardry 10?

Wizardry: The Five Ordeals, a true ordeal to play. Maybe they think the play experience will be some dangerous pilgrimage.

I don't see the original IP ever being resurrected. It's unfortunate, but the Wizardry name is owned by a Japanese company called Drecom.

I've always hoped that the Romero duo might return to revive the actual franchise, or just do something so similar that it would satisfy a huge audience. Even some of the blokes from the first four or five games could stage a comeback, should they desire to do so. And yeah, I get that the actual name might be tied up in legal matters, yet there are ways to circumvent that rather easily these days.

59 Studio and Game*Spark Publishing announced that Wizardry: The Five Ordeals was coming to EA on Steam this Friday. Important note: Steam warns potential buyers that English is currently not supported.

Heh. This is in my wishlist. I believe this is the "Wizardry Toolkit" game that I have been keeping an eye on, unless I'm getting it confused with another one. I am worried that I would *really* become a PITA to my friend who taught ESL in Japan if I bought this asking him to translate random screenshots.

Do I get it and muck about in Japanese or wait for the English version? Hmm.

Heh. This is in my wishlist. I believe this is the "Wizardry Toolkit" game that I have been keeping an eye on, unless I'm getting it confused with another one. I am worried that I would *really* become a PITA to my friend who taught ESL in Japan if I bought this asking him to translate random screenshots.

Do I get it and muck about in Japanese or wait for the English version? Hmm.

From the Steam description:
"At launch, the each official scenario (eg: scenario message, item name, monster name. it changes depending on the scenario) have not been translated into English. but the game itself already has an English UI (There will be some untranslated and unadjusted parts). We are doing our best to translate the missing parts into English."

Well, that's enough for me! At least it seems they're attempting to do it all in English, and some will exist at launch. All things Wizardry will be supported by this guy!

Back
Top Bottom