God of War - Review @ PC Gamer - Page 2 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » God of War - Review @ PC Gamer

Default God of War - Review @ PC Gamer

January 18th, 2022, 00:38
I thought Sony is bringing their philosophy of just good games to PC market? But I doubt those AAA publishers will be inspired by that. They ignored Witcher 3, they will ignore Sony success aswell.
Consoles were horrible before by making them "stupid" for mainstream and AAA PC games were made worse too by taking that to a new level. Now I hope it will start to be better again for some reason. Balanced.

Dafela

Watchdog

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

January 21st, 2022, 12:28
It's a great game, but calling it a full-fledged RPG is misleading. It's its own thing with some metroidvania, exploration and RPG elements.

By the way, if the start of the game seems underwhelming, I recommend sticking with it until you reach the big lake (hub area), that's when it really clicked for me.

Soulman

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

January 21st, 2022, 17:52
Originally Posted by Soulman View Post
By the way, if the start of the game seems underwhelming, I recommend sticking with it until you reach the big lake (hub area), that's when it really clicked for me.
Is the kid with you the entire time?

The fact that Kratos has his son following him around in all the footage I've seen is what initially turned me off about the game.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 135 Post(s)

January 21st, 2022, 18:05
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Is the kid with you the entire time?

The fact that Kratos has his son following him around in all the footage I've seen is what initially turned me off about the game.
He is, and it's not exaggerating to say that his son being with him is the entire point of the game (narrative).

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)

January 21st, 2022, 18:18
I'm normally someone who would hate the idea of a child following you around in a game, but in God of War, I wouldn't have liked the game anywhere nearly as much without it. Kratos is really just not a very likeable character on his own, and he is someone who always put me off the series in the past. But seeing him stuggle to raise a child who is in many ways much more mature and intelligent than he is somehow just works, at least for me. Otherwise it would just be Kratos grunting while killing giant monsters again.

fadedc

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

January 21st, 2022, 18:40
Originally Posted by fadedc View Post
I'm normally someone who would hate the idea of a child following you around in a game, but in God of War, I wouldn't have liked the game anywhere nearly as much without it. Kratos is really just not a very likeable character on his own, and he is someone who always put me off the series in the past. But seeing him stuggle to raise a child who is in many ways much more mature and intelligent than he is somehow just works, at least for me. Otherwise it would just be Kratos grunting while killing giant monsters again.
Thanks for the additional impressions. I'll probably give it a try somewhere down the line when it's on sale and there aren't so many new releases looming.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 135 Post(s)

January 24th, 2022, 14:23
Originally Posted by JFarrell71 View Post
Mods? To do what? God of War isn't a mod sort of game.
I hate how the MC looks. I'm pretty sure they will do some mod that changes his aspect.

Telstar

CRPG lover

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » God of War - Review @ PC Gamer