Dying Light 2 - Has Extensive Dialogues - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dying Light 2 - Has Extensive Dialogues

Default Dying Light 2 - Has Extensive Dialogues

January 21st, 2022, 10:58
Wccf Tech reports that Dying Light 2 had 40,000 lines of dialogues.

Dying Light 2 Has as Many Dialogue Lines as Mass Effect 3 or Fallout 3

After touting 500 hours for the game's full completion (through multiple playthroughs, of course), Dying Light 2 developer Techland has once again shared with its fans an estimate of how many lines of dialogues the game is going to have. The figure is 40K, which is around the same amount as BioWare's Mass Effect 3 or Bethesda's Fallout 3. Dying Light 2 also features 350K written words (the same amount as Tolstoy's Anna Karenina novel).

"350,000 words, 40,000 lines of dialogues - that's the world we've built for you in Dying Light 2 Stay Human. Are you ready to explore it?"

We've looked into other comparisons ourselves. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim had 47K lines of dialogues, while Oblivion stopped short at 30K. This figure highlights the shift towards roleplaying games made by Techland with Dying Light 2.

While the first game was definitely an action/adventure title, this one was designed around the idea that players would be able to influence the story, much like in an RPG, through a choice & consequence system. The Polish studio even hired Chris Avellone, one of the most experienced writers and designers on this kind of game, as the Narrative Designer of Dying Light 2, even though Techland eventually ended its cooperation with Avellone after the sexual harassment allegations made against him.

[…]
More information.

Redglyph

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)

January 21st, 2022, 10:58
Let's just hope the quality matches the quantity.

Redglyph

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
+1:

January 21st, 2022, 13:18
Originally Posted by Redglyph View Post
Let's just hope the quality matches the quantity.
Dying Light is a great game and they supported and added to it for various years. If they manage to at least keep the quality, DL2 will already be a great game.

It's one of the 3 games I expect to be GotY contenders this year (among STALKER 2 and Starfield).

These next weeks will be busy, with DL2, Elden Ring and Elex II. Nice.

Gwendo

Watchdog

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
+1:

January 21st, 2022, 15:13
I just can't do parkour or I'd probably love these.
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut
aka survivalnut

crpgnut

Survival Game Nut
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)

January 21st, 2022, 17:42
Originally Posted by crpgnut View Post
I just can't do parkour or I'd probably love these.
I found the parkour OK, usually I am hopeless, but there was a timed driving bit in one of the dlc that did for me.

Qayto

Watchdog

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

January 22nd, 2022, 12:45
Well, if the night bulletproof zombies are not a thing this time around maybe ill have a look, it could be good if they changed it… But i wouldn't bet my money on it. Sadly one of the worst game gimmicks of all time for me. Something about hitting someone with a shotgun at point blank and having zero effect just doesn't feel right. A hit Esc and quit moment for sure.

Dolby

Watchdog

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
+1:

January 22nd, 2022, 20:03
Well they had two extra years to shove more content in a finished game.

So I expect it to have an expansion and 100+ paid cosmetic DLC's again.

Oh lets not forget over three different editions oven ten years as well.
--
“Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.”

Couchpotato

Rotten Potato

Mentioned: 164 Post(s)

January 23rd, 2022, 21:22
Something about the level of hype for this versus what I'm actually seeing in videos makes me extremely sceptical.

I hope I'm wrong.

DArtagnan

Mentioned: Post(s)

January 23rd, 2022, 22:33
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
Something about the level of hype for this versus what I'm actually seeing in videos makes me extremely sceptical.

I hope I'm wrong.
I'm expecting a very bloated game with a lot of mediocre optional content that I'll be skipping.

I really enjoyed the first game though, and I'm optimistic that the core experience here is going to be good.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 135 Post(s)

January 23rd, 2022, 22:41
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I'm expecting a very bloated game with a lot of mediocre optional content that I'll be skipping.

I really enjoyed the first game though, and I'm optimistic that the core experience here is going to be good.
I liked Dying Light well enough - even if I'm not a big fan of endless melee and parkour.

Truth be told, I think I actually enjoyed Dead Island a little more overall

I think DL2 looks interesting, but I'm not exactly spellbound.

DArtagnan

Mentioned: Post(s)

January 23rd, 2022, 22:55
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
I liked Dying Light well enough - even if I'm not a big fan of endless melee and parkour.

Truth be told, I think I actually enjoyed Dead Island a little more overall

I think DL2 looks interesting, but I'm not exactly spellbound.
I finally played through Dead Island last summer. I initially bounced off it hard at release, but decided to give the definitive edition a try and enjoyed it well enough.

The definitive edition is a huge improvement over the original imo, but I still like Dying Light more for the larger world and exploration. I'll probably play Riptide too eventually.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 135 Post(s)
+1:
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dying Light 2 - Has Extensive Dialogues