Thea 2 releases nov 30

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Never played the first game but I read the sequel has been streamlined.

I've also not gotten around to acquiring this game, nor playing it. The first one, I mean. Didn't you have to build or maintain a village while you played/adventured, maybe that's what turned me off it?

Not really. The village upgrades were limited in number.

As to streamlined, the first one was already made empty as players did not like having to play a game.

EA means the same fate for this one if the devs make the same mistake of releasing a game.

What mistakes ? The players loved the first one and even after release the developers tweaked the game for several years based on user experience and added additional free content since it sold well. I think thea was great fun to play and i expect this one to be better. most of the changes I've read about have been to address complaints with the first (basically making the game MORE complex not LESS).

Not really. The village upgrades were limited in number.

As to streamlined, the first one was already made empty as players did not like having to play a game.

EA means the same fate for this one if the devs make the same mistake of releasing a game.

Wait a minute….what do you mean players don't enjoy playing a game?? Isn't that like, the whole point of buying them? To play them, I mean.

No. Gaming is now a cultural activity and players buy the cultural marker to reap the benefits. Which means that players do not have an interest in gaming.

Like claiming that people who attend a church service must have an interest in the religion and not in the benefits of belonging to a certain community.

The loot box uproar went from this: loot boxes were no issues for people wanting to play a game as playing the game leads to get similar rewards.
It was a major issue for other players as they were tempted by monetized shortcuts. They could get out of what they do not like but for a price.

What mistakes ? The players loved the first one and even after release the developers tweaked the game for several years based on user experience and added additional free content since it sold well. I think thea was great fun to play and i expect this one to be better. most of the changes I've read about have been to address complaints with the first (basically making the game MORE complex not LESS).

Of course players loved it: it was tweaked to fit their tastes.

More or less complex means nothing. The expression and the relevancy of the complexity matter.

Some time ago, this product was given an update. So it was checked. Result: on the highest difficulty settings (standardized),the run was completed with one
casualty out of neglect.
And this when having forgotten much of the mechanics as it is heavily multi layered.

This kind of scenario was unthinkable of at release. Players had to put up with failures during a playthrough.

Thea was made a tension free product, that requires no discerning in the decision making. Amass a stack of characters, equip them with anything, press the autoresolve button. It no longer matters.

Back
Top Bottom