NWN2 Weird Sky-locked screen~

Neverwinter Nights 2

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom
Original Sin Donor
Im having an intermittent problem that i havent seen mentioned anywhere. Here at work, so I cant put the SS up I took at home this morning while messing around.

Basically, i will be playing along and minding my own business when it seems that the screen goes to a view of the sky. The program doesnt lock up, as I can rotate the camera still and the minimap is still of the terrain, yet all I see is the sky and the gui. It's like Ive zoomed in thru the ground or something, then like half a minute or so Im where i was and everything's fine. During a fight, I'm literally blind for the moment, not good.

Is anyone else getting this? Patch(es) did nothing for it so far

Hey you really need to lay off those magic mushrooms. ;)

Sounds like your video drivers aren't up to date or have a compatiblity issue you could try upgrading or downgrading.
Or try to goto the desktop with Windows key or Alt-Tab, see if it resets it, if so you may just have to wait for newer drivers.

Yeah, ive been using older drivers on my card, perhaps it's time to quit being so nostalgic. Yeah, thats it, "nostalgic" ='.'=

Thx for the advice, shoulda thought of that myself come to think of it

You're just getting OLD Sammy, it affects us all!! :biggrin:

Yeah I am getting forgetful about some basic things now and then!
That and the fact that I truly loathe re-setting up everything again. I know some people just love messing around with clock frequency settings and benchmarking programs and all that, I just find it so horribly boring and frustrating! One test will give me one result, then the next test will give me a different result. The only way to do it then is run a myriad of tests which take hours, then sort the data as you see fit. Argh

This of course sometimes interrupted by the dreaded NV4_disp Blue Screen of Death error. Even more fun yet!

At least I got some studying done while 3DMark was buzzing away for the umpteenth time. I'll have to see if I get the "big sky" problem again tomorrow.

I am having the same problem as you xSamhainx. I am using the Free Camera and moving the screen about as i see fit. Sometimes the camera does stupid things, like pointing at the sky, if there is one. I don't think its always up, but its definitly not were it should be. Solution for me is to change camera view (which key is that now again). Move the party and toggle back to free camera and then it works.

Can't say I know were and when it happens. But it does, when you least expect it.
(only free camera as of yet, for me).

Don't feel like a graphic bug, more like a glitch i mouse movement or something. Like something is "out of range" in their code...

I am crazy with the camera, I change it alot depending on the situation so I feel more "in the game". Always using the different modes, but mostly zooming in real close with chase mode and back out to the max for for free mode.

I think that definitely has something to do with it!

They did such a poor job with the cameras and failing to have textures go transparent when they block your view is just cheap skills and poor programming, very embarrassing. :(

Not to mention poor Save system design,instead of keep all the info in your NWN2 diretory they put it in the My Doc's folder and then use the Local Setting Temp directory as swap type folder to build the Saves both of these are usually on your main OS drive/partition when is the last place you want constatnly fragmenting files, very crappy workmanship.

failing to have textures go transparent when they block your view is just cheap skills and poor programming, very embarrassing. :(
Like this? Go into battle, my character turns (I have 'alwaysfollow' turned on) and I get this:
NWN2_SS_002.jpg

And scroll wheel zoom in a couple of ticks to get this:
NWN2_SS_001.jpg

Hehe, yeah exactly like that! ;)

Hey where's the Hot Chick with horns! ;)

Hey where's the Hot Chick with horns! ;)

She's back with the fuzzy little dwarf doing insult practice ... I like having my berzerk fireball tosser with me at all times ... and was stuck with the Pally for that mission ;)

Back
Top Bottom