Anthem - No Mod Support

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
GameRant reports that Anthem will not support modding on PC.

Darrah simply stated that the technology isn’t there at the moment, though he did add that he’d love to support it. He also went into further detail regarding other aspects of the title, such as the difference between weapons and gear (weapons are held, gear is built into the player’s Javelin).

[...]
More information.

OMG some irrelevant MMO doesn't support mods.
Like any mmo ever suported modding.

EA is a really weird company.
RPGs have been in vogue since more than a decade now, so they decided to buy one of the best RPG studios and give them money so they can make action games…:-/

Technology isn't there? for modding on PC? That's a load of bull. The infrastructure and market isn't there for modding on consoles is what he means - and it's not cost effective to devote the resources only into the PC port.

Technology isn't there? for modding on PC? That's a load of bull. The infrastructure and market isn't there for modding on consoles is what he means - and it's not cost effective to devote the resources only into the PC port.

Yep. Sad that parsing the corporate double-speak has become second nature by now.

Not exactly a surprise for an MMO looter shooter like this. They usually don't get mods, and if they do - they're extremely limited in terms of what they can change.

Some MMOs do support modding, in fact. ESO, for one, has a strong modding community.
That's awsome - Beth again doesn't have to fix bugs.

That's awsome - Beth again doesn't have to fix bugs.

ESO doesn't support mods that would fix bugs, unless the bug is at the UI level…

Not surprised as after the original Dragon Age modding has not been a priority for BioWare. Especially since Frostbite is now the main engine for game development.

Sure you can mod the earlier Mass Effect games but you need a third party program to install them. As for DA:I sure we have mods but again it's not easy either.

ESO doesn't support mods that would fix bugs, unless the bug is at the UI level…
What kind of mods are that then? UI hotkey combos aka botting and cheating help? Bah.

I’m confused, did they say it would get mods? Lots of games release without mod support, what’s the big deal?

As for the game itself I’m still on the fence as to getting it to play with my son or not. If I had to choose today it’d probably be not but we’ll see.

Last edited:
lol, I want to know the person on this earth who was expecting Bioware to support modding.

Well it doesn't look like an RPG, but it still looks like it might be a good game. Definitely gonna wait for reviews on this one.

Maybe I'm the only one, but I enjoy non-RPGs also.

Bioware putting the final nails in this game's coffin themselves.

What kind of mods are that then? UI hotkey combos aka botting and cheating help? Bah.

More like reorganizing the UI, showing information that is usually hidden or just quality-of-life improvements. The game base UI is crap for the most part…

Back
Top Bottom