question about Mass Effect game

Uh...

So Mass Effect is coming to PC eventually (i.e. 2009)?

Woohoo !!!

Bioware has always created games for the PC (so far ;)) so I'm pretty sure Mass Effect will be be ported to the PC eventually.

Offtopic:

Halo - Decent game but incredibly overrated. Story starts off slow and level design was very repetitive. Reminded me of HL at first. Guy in suit fighting aliens. *shrugs* Nice implementation of vehicles though.

HL2 - Incredible game. Great narration, yeah I said it! :p Great physics, story, responsive (scripting, I know, but still well done) and believable NPCs, varied and interesting level design, decent AI and still the best water effects in a game. And to top it all off, it played well on most computers.

believable NPCs
Right up until the utterly idiotic and amateurish squad control part ... ;)

still the best water effects in a game.
Y'know I was playing some SiN Episodes yesterday and was amazed at just how great it looked (load times are still crap)

And to top it all off, it played well on most computers.
The scaling is really amazing - because not only did it play well, it looked pretty decent.

Haha, ok - I agree with the squads control. The AI was overhyped too, turned out good but nowhere as fantastic (as was claimed) :-/

Man, I really hope Mass Effect will be good. People immediately look at the graphics and assume it's going to be a fantastic game. It might turn out to look better than it plays *cough*Oblivion*cough* :p

Also, the simplistic dialogue worries me. Even more worrying, the proud exclaimation from the development team that less dialogue is better.

Oh well, as long as the dialogue does not regress to simian grunts :biggrin:

NPC: You know it is true...
Player: Ook?
NPC: I am your father!
Player: Eek!

Man, I really hope Mass Effect will be good.

To be honest there isn't really anything that Bioware has said about Mass Effect that really interests me, but a blog post made by Patrick Weekes seems to suggest the use of physics in a way that characters can take cover but said cover is destructable. While not terribly new, it's nice to see more RPGs adopt this kind of situation. We need more environmental interactivity.

Back
Top Bottom