The Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos - Release Trailer - Page 2 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » The Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos - Release Trailer

Default The Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos - Release Trailer

November 30th, 2021, 12:52
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
If your releasing it commercially on Steam for an international audience to play it damn well should have English voice-overs. I'll just turn off the polish voice-overs if possible.
Cant agree on that. The game has subtitles, which is fully acceptable for international publishing IMO.

Andrew23

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

November 30th, 2021, 13:00
If your releasing it commercially on Steam for an international audience to play it damn well should have English voice-overs. I'll just turn off the polish voice-overs if possible.
Only it's not released commercially, done by a mostly polish team of modders and distributed for free. With Polish VO they've paid for themselves.

LoneWoof

Traveler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

November 30th, 2021, 13:21
It's a free, huge mod, I don't see the problem if it does not have english voice-overs. It has subtitles in english.

Strafe

Sentinel
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

November 30th, 2021, 16:13
Originally Posted by Andrew23 View Post
Cant agree on that. The game has subtitles, which is fully acceptable for international publishing IMO.
Originally Posted by Strafe View Post
It's a free, huge mod, I don't see the problem if it does not have english voice-overs. It has subtitles in english.
Originally Posted by LoneWoof View Post
Only it's not released commercially, done by a mostly polish team of modders and distributed for free. With Polish VO they've paid for themselves.
Yes it's free but it's released on Steam, given it's own professional page, and promoted just like Enderal. You don't see the other 1,000.000 mods getting this PR and attention.

At this point I really don't care as I had this discussion on the past news-thread. So moving on my opinion is flawed as usual, and I'm wrong every damn time I post.
--
“Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.”

Couchpotato

Professional Shitposter

Mentioned: 152 Post(s)

November 30th, 2021, 19:14
At this point I really don't care as I had this discussion on the past news-thread. So moving on my opinion is flawed as usual, and I'm wrong every damn time I post.
Well, not every damn time…

I will say though, as a parallel to this, there are lots of movies I could buy/rent from big online retailers that are only subtitled and not dubbed, so I don't think it's unusual - or even bad - to offer games up the same way, whether they are free or not. Ultimately, like everything in the marketplace, people will vote with their wallets (or in this case, downloads).

SSIGuy

An Islander Returned

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

December 1st, 2021, 01:10
Originally Posted by Strafe View Post
Don't speak logically like that. He won't understand a word.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)

December 1st, 2021, 11:12
Oh my god polish voice over is just fantastic! I see many well-known names in the trailer ( i mean well-known in our territory, that is). Sounds like proffesional work.

muhabor

Sentinel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

December 2nd, 2021, 23:10
I'm fine with good English subtitles if that's all that's available.

What I'm worried about is the INSTALL process. Are they going to release this with an easy-to-use, one click installer where you don't have to go through all the steps of setting up Gothic 2 for modding etc.

I mean even up to the point of including Gothic 2 in their install package (if they have legal permission)

elkston

Sentinel

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

December 2nd, 2021, 23:16
I think this may have been the reason that Steam recently added a complete update for modern systems on the base game, so it would be ready to accept the mod, which they are hosting.

fragonard

Sentinel

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

December 3rd, 2021, 04:57
Originally Posted by elkston View Post
I mean even up to the point of including Gothic 2 in their install package (if they have legal permission)
Being that it's a free mod, that's obviously not going to happen.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)

December 5th, 2021, 12:28
I overlooked this - maybe I will skip Gothic I, which was very ancient even with mod upgrade, where I can wait for the official rework, and move to Gothic II right away.
I didn't play Gothic, I admit that, I started my love relationship with Piranha Bites games with Risen series, alteast I know where my year limit of playability is, so can I say that if someone will create games alteast of quality Risen I, I will play it

Dafela

Watchdog

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » The Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos - Release Trailer