Elex 2 - Page 7 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Piranha Bytes » Elex 2 » Elex 2

Default Elex 2

December 2nd, 2021, 23:39
I could never play games as relentlessly as he does. Dude has played like 200 hours of Final Fantasy in 2-3 weeks.

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)

December 3rd, 2021, 11:09
As for the game: it looks boring, sorry.

*taking cover from the rotten tomatoes thrown by people who seem to love the first entry*

largh

Sentinel

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
+1:

December 3rd, 2021, 11:12
Originally Posted by JFarrell71 View Post
I could never play games as relentlessly as he does. Dude has played like 200 hours of Final Fantasy in 2-3 weeks.

I bet you could if you got paid for playing .

Moriendor

Grumpy Cat

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

December 3rd, 2021, 15:21
I wonder how many of these guys actually make a living doing this. By that I mean a decent six figure salary for 40-50 hours of labor or less. If so, yeah I think I could play games for a living. Of course, you'd need to cover your own life, medical, dental, vision, 401k, pension and such.

I would not be an entertaining gamer though. I barely speak 200 words a day on average. If somebody just wanted to watch, I'd be okay. But listen to the drivel like that guy spilled? Uck, nope. I just don't like my voice that much.
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut
aka survivalnut

crpgnut

Survival Game Nut
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)

December 3rd, 2021, 15:26
Originally Posted by crpgnut View Post
I wonder how many of these guys actually make a living doing this. By that I mean a decent six figure salary for 40-50 hours of labor or less. If so, yeah I think I could play games for a living. Of course, you'd need to cover your own life, medical, dental, vision, 401k, pension and such.

I would not be an entertaining gamer though. I barely speak 200 words a day on average. If somebody just wanted to watch, I'd be okay. But listen to the drivel like that guy spilled? Uck, nope. I just don't like my voice that much.
Few people make a good living but many people are able to survive off of it.

I think that getting to a critical mass of fans is very important for success. That then gives you a monthly subscriber income.

Easy numbers, 1 subscriber gives 2.5 dollars. So if you can get 1000 subscribers you get an OK salary of 2500 per month. Then many streamers get random donations ranging from 1 to 100 dollars and also get the games and or computer hardware for free.

A six figure salary is not very common although I would think this guy would probably be there or thereabouts.

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)

December 3rd, 2021, 15:36
See, that would be a fine option for me in retirement. I won't need to make 6 figures, but just something to do and to bring in a small amount of income to pad my pension
--
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut
aka survivalnut

crpgnut

Survival Game Nut
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

December 3rd, 2021, 15:43
See, that would be a fine option for me in retirement. I won't need to make 6 figures, but just something to do and to bring in a small amount of income to pad my pension
Yeah, most do say more than 200 words per day

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)

December 3rd, 2021, 16:54
Originally Posted by Moriendor View Post
I bet you could if you got paid for playing .
If I wanted to hate games and everything about them, maybe.

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

December 4th, 2021, 00:19
Forget it nut. No one wants to watch you play 7 Days to Die for 2k hours.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)

December 5th, 2021, 06:31
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Forget it nut. No one wants to watch you play 7 Days to Die for 2k hours.
Hey it's SCUM now!
--
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut
aka survivalnut

crpgnut

Survival Game Nut
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

December 6th, 2021, 01:42
Some Live-streams that are not in English. So enjoy.

loading…

loading…
--
“Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.”

Couchpotato

Professional Shitposter

Mentioned: 151 Post(s)

December 9th, 2021, 23:06
https://www.gamepressure.com/editori…ranha-by/zb4e2 Elex 2 Is The Biggest Game We Ever Made. Interview With Piranha Bytes
--
Steam
Favorite game Witcher 3/Gothic 2

porcozaur

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

December 9th, 2021, 23:19
Originally Posted by porcozaur View Post
https://www.gamepressure.com/editori…ranha-by/zb4e2 Elex 2 Is The Biggest Game We Ever Made. Interview With Piranha Bytes
I like this answer - "JP: We decided not to make a bigger map, because people said that Elex 1 was big enough. We decided to have similar map size and focus on making denser quest lines and pacing in the world, more NPCs."

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

December 9th, 2021, 23:34
We have more factions now to join, but it will be a little bit different to the original. You can join a faction, but you don't have to and if you choose one, you will have an opportunity to switch it once. If you want to join the Clerics, you will have to go a special way to do so. There will be magic, most of the classic magic and some new additions. For example, one new faction will have a kind of black magic. You won't need mana, but instead you will use it in exchange for HP.
It sounds like joining some factions won't be a straightforward process.

I wonder if he's talking about the Morkons when he mentions a kind of black magic.

But what we can say is that we are already working on another game.
Nice.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)

December 10th, 2021, 00:09
I also felt that the Elex map was just a little bit too big. They should of also changed the re-spawn mechanism to be chapter based rather than time based. Also get rid of the elex drink system as it was too open to abuse or at the least make it so the supply is limited and vendors don't restock Natural Elex.
--
Favourite RPGs of all time: Wizardry 6, Ultima 7/7.2, Fallout2, Planescape Torment, Baldurs Gate 2+TOB, Jagged Alliance 2, Ravenloft: The stone prophet, Gothic 2, Realms of Arkania:Blade of destiny (not the HD version!!) and Secret of the Silver Blades.

bjon045

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

December 10th, 2021, 00:32
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Nice.

Bjoern has said in other talks that they are starting work on the next project up to a full year in advance since they need to keep everyone on the team busy.

He has also sort of accidentally revealed in one of the recent streams/videos that the next project is (not too surprising, I guess ) ELEX 3.
He did not directly mention it but he said that there are often times team members between projects who want to do something new because they get bored of working on the same old stuff all the time. PB also mentioned this as a reason for changing settings from Gothic to Risen and from Risen to ELEX.

I doubt that this comment was related to ELEX 2 since it is only the second game in the series and the sequel to PB's most successful game. The logical conclusion is: He must have talked about his experience when he pitched ELEX 3 to the team. It seems like not everyone at PB was happy about the prospect of working on another ELEX sequel for the next 3 - 4 years.

Originally Posted by bjon045 View Post
They should of also changed the re-spawn mechanism to be chapter based rather than time based.
I don't think this is going to change in ELEX 2. Bjoern said in the Gronkh stream that monsters will just keep respawning and that there is no hard level cap so you could theoretically grind ad infinitum until you literally die from boredom .

Aside from the very poor intro and writing (German version!) as well as the botched characters/faces, the thing I dislike the most about ELEX 2 so far is the change to the camera. It is now at a fixed zoom level behind Jax and you can't zoom out. So, in case you have ever wondered why all the streamers seemed to play with the view pretty close zoomed in on Jax, well, that's why. It's not because they are console peasants but because they have no choice.
I really hope this will change until release. Maybe it's just necessary for performance reasons since object culling is not fully working yet.

Moriendor

Grumpy Cat

December 10th, 2021, 01:19
By the way, you can now find the ELEX 2 achievements list online (50 achievements just like the first game). It goes without saying that this is pretty spoilerish.

What we can gather from this list is:

Spoiler

Moriendor

Grumpy Cat

December 10th, 2021, 02:31
They talk about there being different endings in that interview posted today, so yes, there is more than one ending.

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

December 10th, 2021, 02:50
Well Elex had three endings also depending on your emotion level.
  • The good ending.
  • The neutral (true) ending.
  • The bad ending.
So I expected nothing less in the sequel. Weird that PB choose the neutral ending as cannon. Makes your play-through meaningless if you choose a different ending.

Nothing new with RPGs with different endings though. It would possibly take to much work and resources PB doesn't have to make a game in three different versions to play.

I'm fine with it though as it's just a small nitpick on my part as well.

I also believe there is a cannon romance form part one as well.
--
“Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.”

Couchpotato

Professional Shitposter

Mentioned: 151 Post(s)

December 10th, 2021, 15:01
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
I also believe there is a cannon romance form part one as well.
The "cannon" romance would be with Nasty because who wouldn't love to put a gun to her head but your canon romance is Caja (maybe Caya in the English version?) with whom you have had a child named Dex when ELEX 2 begins.

As for the endings, I also find it disappointing that choices from the first game are not respected. What's the point of having different endings if the developer declares them null and void at their discretion?

IF PB had the same creative spirit as back in the Gothic days, I'm sure they could have come up with a way where you make all choices from the previous game work or the choices at the end of ELEX 1 would have already been made with ELEX 2 in mind. Unfortunately, this old version of PB is long dead and gone. "PB" now stands more for Pankratz Bytes and no longer Piranha Bytes .

/rant

Moriendor

Grumpy Cat

Tags
elex 2
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Piranha Bytes » Elex 2 » Elex 2