Elden Ring - Delayed to 2022

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
DSOGaming reports that Elden Ring has been delayed until sometime after April 2022 and has released a short in-engine clip.

Kadokawa Corp, the parent company of FromSoftware, revealed that its upcoming new games have been delayed due to COVID-19. This, obviously, also includes Elden Ring, a title that a lot of gamers have been looking forward to.

According to the company's latest FY2021 earnings, Elden Ring may not release by March 2022. Thus, the earliest you can expect to get your hands on this game is April 2022. Now obviously Elden Ring won't come out in April 2022, but until then we can safely assume that it won't come out.

[...]

More information.

Oh my…who didn't see this coming. Anyway a release date was never given for the game. At most it was a few rumors and one CGI trailer from a few years ago.:nod:

Anyway the more I read about this game the less interested I am. I'm talking about the story revelations and Dark Souls combat. I never liked both in FromSoftware games.
"Storytelling in video games--at least the way we do it at FromSoftware--comes with a lot of restrictions for the writer. I didn't think it was a good idea to have Martin write within those restrictions. By having him write about a time the player isn't directly involved in, he is free to unleash his creativity in the way he likes," Miyazaki said in the interview.

"It really is like a guide for the world's lore, and therefore feels quite different from his novels. As someone that loves to learn about a world's setting, it was very exciting to read."
Yeah I know I'm in the minority on this site.:roll:

No exact date perhaps, but most sources had listed 2021 for quite awhile. I was looking forward to it because I think it might be more of a departure from Dark Souls than people are expecting.

I'm starting to fear Elex 2 might be next.

No surprise here at all, and you're likely right about Elex two, JDR. I don't mind delays, I'll take those over shoddy releases anytime.

2021 is making it rain RPGs, nothing wrong with a delay or two. Heck, delay announcements means they're still working on them. These days that's a bonus.

So a 6-second video recorded from a state-of-the-art cell phone (circa 2000), where no one can see shit, has now become worth the title "in-game footage"??? Really?
I bet the guy used all the internal storage space of the cell phone to be able to record those 6 seconds in all its 480p-glory.

I was looking forward to it because I think it might be more of a departure from Dark Souls than people are expecting.

One can dream but I wouldn't bet on this. This might even be an improved Souls-like game, but a Souls-like nonetheless.

One can dream but I wouldn't bet on this. This might even be an improved Souls-like game, but a Souls-like nonetheless.

Oh I'm sure it's going to have Souls-like features, I just don't think it's simply going to be Dark Souls on a bigger map.

I expect them to scale the difficulty back just a tad compared to Dark Souls or at least have the option to. I don't think that level of difficulty would work as well in an open-world game that's supposed to be "much larger" than their previous games.

That's fine, by 2022 there may be PS5 in stock.

And perhaps at a more affordable price! I don't know about the PS5 prices there in UK, but here they're still way higher than the "official" MSRP. I mean, that when you manage to find one to purchase.

Well, here retail prices are the standard at "official" stores such as GAME, but they are out of stock and have a waitlist of months to give them out as they trickle in. The only option to get a PS5 anytime soon is going to sites like eBay, and yeah, you get gutted.

So waiting it is.

Ha..you think buying a PS5 gets you gutted. Try buying a new PC or any component online. Still yeah this whole shortage of electronic products is pissing me off.:(

Lets call it what it is price gouging and it used to be illegal up to a certain amount.

Exclusive photo of a PS5 in Brazil:
maxresdefault.jpg

Ha..you think buying a PS5 gets you gutted. Try buying a new PC or any component online. Still yeah this whole shortage of electronic products is pissing me off.:(

Lets call it what it is price gouging and it used to be illegal up to a certain amount.

True, and don't even get me started on scalpers. That is the most illegal thing that nobody does anything about. Topic for another thread anyway.

At least there aren't many games that I'm interested on PS5 for now, so I can wait. Elden Ring is something I will probably play, been looking forward to another properly made Dark Souls game for a while, not a remake, remaster, cheap copy or asian spin-off that is impossible to get into. We'll see if Elden Ring can scratch that itch.

True, and don't even get me started on scalpers. That is the most illegal thing that nobody does anything about. Topic for another thread anyway.

What country do you live in that scalping is illegal?

Theres generally only high level generic civic laws in place to prevent some types of scalping, or even more lax TOS's.

What country do you live in that scalping is illegal?

Theres generally only high level generic civic laws in place to prevent some types of scalping, or even more lax TOS's.
She means it should be illegal and I agree as some of these scalping groups buy huge chucks of the stock, and markup the price by 30-50% to sell them online.

The business term would be price gouging. Anyway some states do have laws against this. Though most turn a blind eye to this borderline grey area of commerce.

Just like all those digital key resellers for games.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom