Solasta - Released

I use them to check the game first, and to see how characters are built. To me, it's part of the tutorial to understand a new game / new ruleset, it sets the benchmark.

This never gets old :)

image.png

As others have stated above, I'm another bloke that would far prefer to generate his own gallery of rogues. Quite honestly, I can simply spend hours in the character generation alone, before the game truly begins.

As others have stated above, I'm another bloke that would far prefer to generate his own gallery of rogues. Quite honestly, I can simply spend hours in the character generation alone, before the game truly begins.

Great thing about this game is the character generation system is pretty quick I made 4 guys in less then 30 minutes.

Started playing just a few hours ago.
One thing they need - immediately --- More keyboard shortcuts.

At the very least there should be a shortcut for:
1. Toggle "cautious" (sneaking) mode
2. Switching weapon sets

This is something I know I'm going to be doing all the time and its slightly annoying to have to mouse click.

Other than that, looks like its going to be fun.

Speaking of shortcuts, spacebar to pass turn should be a thing too. I read it was in EA, but it doesn't work for me, unless you have to enable the option somewhere.

I never took rosary, is there any way to get it after?

Couple shops sell it I think. It's pretty cheap, under 100 gold.

Watched and considered buying it for ages and playing it now. I'm not that far in but I have to say, I'm impressed thus far. Character gen was solid and fun. Game so far is fun. I really like the combat model.

When I first saw this game mentioned here I thought it looked cheesy and the devs where high reaching their ambitions for a small team but damn if they didn't pretty much nail what they said. AND the game already feels better than some even early on.

I thought you needed the skill as well?

You do. It's a very nice skill to have. The one background gives it. Not sure if you can get it any other way after character creation. I made a real nice Ice Sword with that skill and plate armor.

It's the scholar background I think it's called maybe Arcana forget the exact name. My mage had it.

You do. It's a very nice skill to have. The one background gives it. Not sure if you can get it any other way after character creation. I made a real nice Ice Sword with that skill and plate armor.

It's the scholar background I think it's called maybe Arcana forget the exact name. My mage had it.

Ahh started again because I wasn't to far in...seeing some bugs like proficiency screen not refreshing between characters. I'm finding some things I missed the first origin quests.....wish there were a few more as they are really neat.

25 hours in and several levels higher. Tactical options increased as well as difficulty of some encounters. Aside of the D&D backbone, combat is definitely main highlight of the game. Story is workable, but although some dialogues can have different outcomes (mostly peaceful and violent), its pretty much on rails so far. So main incentive for replaying the game I see in trying different builds in combat (and combat is great).

So after playing around for a few hours in beta I now restarted and played until after the first actual quest (where you have to travel with the world map).

A lot positive things have already been said. I want to add another: Despite not having predefined chars or companions, but a self created party, my four "main chars" really feel alive. That's achieved by the personality flags and fitted voice overs. So that's a big plus. Wasteland 3 could learn a lot.

Finished third dungeon (undead castle) yesterday with my now level 6 (wiz-fi-cl-ro - classic) party. Having a blast!

At first, I thought my fighter was a bit underpowered but with his high AC he is pretty useful... and now that he got his second attack, he can do his fair share of damage. Now my wizard just need to finish that magic sword....

I wonder if I wanted to get a ranger, which char I should switch. Likely it would be the rogue or the fighter.

Finished third dungeon (undead castle) yesterday with my now level 6 (wiz-fi-cl-ro - classic) party. Having a blast!

At first, I thought my fighter was a bit underpowered but with his high AC he is pretty useful… and now that he got his second attack, he can do his fair share of damage. Now my wizard just need to finish that magic sword….

I wonder if I wanted to get a ranger, which char I should switch. Likely it would be the rogue or the fighter.
I'd definitely change the rogue, it could be a problem to contain those soraks and other niceties without a fighter or a paladin. Or you'd need a lot of buffs.

There's a nice 73-MB hotfix :) See also the known issues!

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1096530/view/3013450702749849976

Known Issues (that we're working on)
  • Do not equip the Orc Javelin, Orc Shortbow or Ogre Javelin - saving while having one of these item equipped will corrupt the save, preventing you from loading it later. These corrupted saves will be fixed in a future patch.
  • Beards are not always properly affixed to the characters' face
  • If you're playing from an Early Access save, Bring the Sword back to Merton has a bugged cutscene that prevents you from completing it
  • Some people have a black screen / weird clouds when starting a new campaign. Workaround here
  • The Landing Plaza in Caer Cyflen has some new decoration that it shouldn't have
Major Fixes
  • Fixed a "white dice" appearing when attacking multiple times too quickly
  • Dungeon Maker: You can now add a Thumbnail to your Custom Dungeon when uploading them by having a .png or .jpg file with the same name than that of your dungeon in the custom dungeon folder.
  • Fixed AI sometimes using a bonus action to do an additional main action attack instead. AI be cheating. DM does not approve.
  • Fixed an issue with the Arena Quest where the door could get stuck, blocking quest progression
  • Fixed magic items crafted or bought from vendors sometimes not being identified. Mystery potion! Gotta love them!
  • Crafting Tooltip now displays the crafted item tooltip even if missing the ingredients
  • Fixed some issues with Chinese Localization
  • Fixed some long duration AoE spells not being visible when cast directly on a character
  • All in-game backer items are now identified by default
  • Fixed 6 League Boots incorrectly doubling your movement speed instead of giving you an additional cell of movement
  • Fixed Dwarven Bread not being equippable. Get that +1 CON Bonus!
  • Fixed Early Bird not working properly. It showed the initiative bonus but it didn't give any. What a scam
  • Fixed Cog of Cohh not properly giving +2 CHA
  • Re-added a missing cutscene in Halman's House
  • Counterspell can now correctly fail when targeting spells above level 3
  • Fixed Acid Arrow "acidified" condition sometimes being removed too early
  • Added Arrow parts to Gorim's Store
  • Fixed a HUGE missing component of the end game fight. Really huge. Like, physically huge.
Minor Fixes
[ ... ]

Back
Top Bottom