The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

I thnk most music videos from the 80's were awful. There were exceptions of course, like Thriller, etc, but most were rush jobs made quickly to accompany the release of a single, and I think the art was still in its infancy.

I think the golden age of music videos was the 90s, but maybe that's just because they were my prime music video years. When my mate first got MTV, we loved it, and sat there like Beavis and Butthead, declaring, "Cool."

I went on a Rob Zombie deep dive earlier today, just as good now as it was back then!!
I love him as White Zombie as well.

White Zombie - More Human Than Human

I think the golden age of music videos was the 90s, but maybe that's just because they were my prime music video years. When my mate first got MTV, we loved it, and sat there like Beavis and Butthead, declaring, "Cool."

I used to record the MTV Top 20 Video Countdown every week. :)

Those were great days indeed. Then reality TV came along…

I used to record the MTV Top 20 Video Countdown every week. :)

Those were great days indeed. Then reality TV came along…
I recorded 120 Minutes every week, too. Much missed. Introduced me to a lot of good music I wouldn't have listened to otherwise, either from availability or being outside my usual taste, which was really cool. Also introduced me to shoegaze...

So I stumbled on this the other night and it's so ridiculous that it works really well.

I recognized who that was immediately from the screen cap. :)

Yeah, Gwar is pretty crazy, and I've seen them live on two separate occasions. Their shows are nuts. A lot of live action props, and they squirt fake blood into the crowd while playing.

Is the official soundtrack for Doom the exact same music that's in the game? I remember it being good but not really something I'd listen to on its own.

Have either of you guys played Doom Eternal yet? Just wondering what you thought of it.
I'm not sure what the difference is, between soundtrack and game, I was wondering the same actually. My understanding is that the music in the game is generated from the gameplay, by tuning or looping pieces of the soundtrack.

For my part, I haven't played it, even if I was tempted. I saw you got it recently, have you already started playing it?

I'm not sure what the difference is, between soundtrack and game, I was wondering the same actually. My understanding is that the music in the game is generated from the gameplay, by tuning or looping pieces of the soundtrack.

For my part, I haven't played it, even if I was tempted. I saw you got it recently, have you already started playing it?

I haven't started Doom Eternal yet. Since we're so close to the release of Cyberpunk, I'm not going to start any new games unless I know they're pretty short.

I did play the first couple of levels using a "try-out" version ;) the week of release and had mixed feelings about it. I thought the level design was good, but you start with a lot less ammo compared to Doom 2016 which forces you to constantly switch to the chainsaw to replenish it.

I haven't started Doom Eternal yet. Since we're so close to the release of Cyberpunk, I'm not going to start any new games unless I know they're pretty short.

I did play the first couple of levels using a "try-out" version ;) the week of release and had mixed feelings about it. I thought the level design was good, but you start with a lot less ammo compared to Doom 2016 which forces you to constantly switch to the chainsaw to replenish it.
Funny the effect this Cyberpunk release has on us, eh? :)

Let's hope it's only at the beginning, ammo starvation can be frustrating.

Funny the effect this Cyberpunk release has on us, eh? :)

Let's hope it's only at the beginning, ammo starvation can be frustrating.

Indeed. I might be conspicuously absent from some Christmas parties this year. :)

Regarding the ammo: you can level up your health, shields, and ammo capacity as you progress through the game.

Regarding Doom Eternal, they really formalized the "shoot demons and replenish heath/armor/ammo" gameplay loop. They force you to use certain weapons against certain demons, as it's not very efficient to do otherwise and they force you to constantly chainsaw enemies for ammo, glory kill demons for health and flame them for armor.

Some people like it more, some people like it less, as it kind of forces you into a particular playstyle. I played Doom 2016 80-90% only with the super-shotgun on Ultra Violence. Can't really do that in Doom Eternal. Only on the easier difficulties.

It's that time of the year again.:cool:

Jean Beauvoir - Merry Christmas To All Of The World

Halford - Winter Song

Do they know it's christmas ?
Band Aid

This video is the most December 2020 mood I can imagine.

Danutz: there few voices as pure as Iris DeMent's. Try God Walks the Dark Hills.

Last edited:
Cyberpunk 2077 has some great rock songs.:cool:

The last two days I've been taking a deep dive into Black Sabbath/Ozzy. And reliving in my head the Jake vs Zach debates, while all the time knowing that both are behind Randy. Such great music =)

More Cyberpunk 2077 songs.:cool:

KILL KILL by Le Destroy & The Bait

NIGHT CITY by R E L & Artemis Delta

Back
Top Bottom