Warhorse - Shakycam Footage

Dhruin

SasqWatch
We've been following Warhorse Studios' semi-historical open-world CryEngine 3-powered RPG for a little while but we haven't actually seen anything yet. Slamdunk points out this shakycam footage from a Game Developers Session 2012 lecture. It's important to understand this footage was built with in-game assets but isn't a scene from the game:
We had several lectures at Game Developers Session 2012 and one of them was about graphics. We showed a little scene with assets from our game to demonstrate how we create "next gen" graphics in CE3. Below you can see "leaked" video from this presentation. Keep in mind, that this is not actual scene from the game, its just assets illustrating the presentation. :)
More information.

Wow! The CryEngine 3 makes really make rendering amazing.

Although, why is it that European studios are just better at world placement in 3d games than American ones in? I'm not talking textures, but how the hamlet/farms/plants are organized. I had the same impression with The Witcher 2 and Risen when compare to Oblivion or Skyrim.

Wow! The CryEngine 3 makes really make rendering amazing.

Although, why is it that European studios are just better at world placement in 3d games than American ones in? I'm not talking textures, but how the hamlet/farms/plants are organized. I had the same impression with The Witcher 2 and Risen when compare to Oblivion or Skyrim.

Compare a typical american town with any european city town or village, with a core older than >1500 a.d. There is your answer.
Seriously, I think it has to do with what you grow up seeing, kind of your internal store of scenes and pictures. All that creates the "vocabulary" that your fantasy draws upon to create new things.

It looks like they are making good progress. I wonder when they are going to start releasing more info about the game. We don't know much about yet. Unless i missed it.

It looks like they are making good progress. I wonder when they are going to start releasing more info about the game. We don't know much about yet. Unless i missed it.

No they have a blog but info has been very scarce. Very little is known about the project, except that it’s being targeted for a rather vague 2014/15 release. It's still to early for more info.

It really does look stunning, but since we hardly know anything about it yet, it's hard to know whether or not it's worth paying attention to. Given the announced release in 2014 or 2015, I'm not exactly going to hold my breath here.

Back
Top Bottom